• Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

Upgrades for Saleen

SC281#180
New User
Posted: 02/08/07 09:32 PM

Hey does anybody have any info on any upgrades for supercharched Saleens?  

55Guy
Administrator
Posted: 02/22/07 06:53 AM

My first suggestion would be a good tune from someone like SCT for the car. Even the Saleen factory tunes are somewhat soft. Next, a smaller pulley for the blower to get the boost up will help. From there, I'd suggest a water/meth injection kit to make sure you don't have detonation when running with more boost.  

saleenboy
New User
Posted: 10/05/08 12:40 PM

hey i have a saleen s281 supercharged and i wanted to put a set of magnapacks does anyone know if this can be done and keep the saleen exhaust tips?  

1992LX
New User
Posted: 05/09/09 05:55 PM

what year is your saleen ,if its a 2000 -2004 I have some upgrades you will like  

GPVII
New User
Posted: 01/22/11 02:20 PM

I am a new car dealer in Monticello Indiana and I must warn you about doing business with Steve Saleen.  He has owed me a refund of a deposit on for since Nov 2008 and has yet to return the money he owes.  Check SMS Supercars out with the BBB and you will see they have a F rating.  There are too many good businesses out there to work with that won't steal from you.  

gtomustang
New User
Posted: 01/23/11 12:30 PM

Yeah, Steve Saleen and Boyd Coddington are two examples of not using your own name as a name for your company...when it goes in the toilet, someone else can buy your name and offer whatever quality control--or lack thereof--they feel like.  and Hennesey over in Texas has a few lawsuits on them, for allegedly using new customer parts to finish up prior customers' Vipers.  Economic ups and downs hits tuners hard.

As for the Saleen upgrade, what do you need it for, just to show off?  Be a dyno queen? get more efficiency? tow a trailer?  run faster on the strip or on the track?

You could stroke out the engine, lose weight on the car...lotsa options.  Steeda or Roush would probably love to get their hands on a Saleen to upgrade, and then get the press for doing so Smile lol  
Just because you can't do it...doesn't mean its impossible