• Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

Need a little supercharger advice.

Is.A.G.Mach1
New User
Posted: 07/07/08 07:22 AM

I'm new to the forums but I read the magazine any chance I get.  I own a 03' Mach1 and its basically stock except for an exhaust upgrade, but I was wondering if someone could give me some advice on what kind of supercharger to put on my ride. Its not a track car but i do want a little more power for the street, so if anyone could please help me out on what kind of supercharger to install id appreciate it. Thanks.  Cool  

55Guy
Administrator
Posted: 07/08/08 05:53 AM

You'll probably want to look at a unit from ProCharger or Vortech. They sell full kits for your car. The other option is a Whipple, Magnacharger, or even the Ford Racing blower kit. But with Roots/SCrew-type blowers you have ot pull the intake and stuff, with the centrifugal units like the ProCharger and Vortech, you don't have to pull this stuff.  

chrisw063
New User
Posted: 07/09/08 01:05 PM

The kits are great but some are easier to install than others. Some require drilling a hole in your oil pan for the oil return and plumbing the oil supply. With other kits, the superchargers are internally self lubricating (which do require regular oil changes). I guess it would depend on your skill level for a weekend gearhead or you may opt to have a tune shop install it.  I have not heard if one system is better than the other.  

Sharad
User
Posted: 07/12/08 12:15 PM

a vortech with an aftercooler is cool, but a procharger with an air to air would be simpler.  
Sharad Raldiris - 1989 LX 5.0