• Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

Cold Air Intakes

stork68
New User
Posted: 12/03/08 08:19 AM

I own a 2004 GT. I am looking to install a cold air intake and possibly upgrade the throttle body. Is there info out there comparing the different intakes. Is there an advantage/disadvantage to having the filter in the fender instead of the engine bay? Is it best to replace the throttle body and plenum togehter? Any help would be appreciated.  

Michael Johnson
Enthusiast
Posted: 12/04/08 08:18 AM

There are several cold air intakes on the market for your '04 GT. Check out places like JLT Performance (www.jlttruecoldair.com), BBK (www.bbkperformance.com), etc. I would replace both the throttle body and plenum together, yes. Good luck.  
Michael Johnson
Associate Editor
5.0 Mustang and Super Fords

INCREDIBLERAMON1975
New User
Posted: 12/04/08 08:58 PM

U CAN GO FOR A GOOD COMBINATION LIKE C&L COLD AIR KIT WITH A MASS AIR MM ,AND ASK FOR 24 POUND INJECTOR WITH  THAT...THEN GET 70 MM THROTTLE BODY WITH UPPER PLENUM SATIN ALSO U CAN GET UNDERDRIVE PULLEY BY BBK AND DIABLO PREDATOR TUNER BECAUSE U WANT TREE COMBINATION LIKE AIR,ELECTRICAL AND FUEL.... SORRY I KNOW I WENT TO FAR BUT U CAN GET ALL THAT AT BROTHERPERFORMACE .COM  

onesgtac
New User
Posted: 02/14/09 11:02 PM

I have the Saleen SC installed in my 07 GT/CS,
Saleen installed a stock airbow look alike.
my question is can I run a cold air system without any problems! or do I have to recalabrate CPU??