• Back Issues
  • Personalized Cover
  • Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

Issues w/ catalytic convertor removal & other mods

ThomasFaeh.
New User
Posted: 03/23/10 11:10 AM

I have a 93 gt w/ bbk cold air intake, flowmaster II's , underdrive pulleys,  and recent removal of my catalytic convertors. The exhaust reeks (too rich?), gas mileage has suffered etc. What tuning or modifications can I make to counter these negative traits associated w/ no cats? Also, when you have a cold air intake should considerations be made for changing your MAF sensor. I presently live @ 7000 feet. THKS!!!!  

chassisbender
New User
Posted: 04/07/10 03:31 PM

well when you took the cats off did you do away with the o2 sensors as well??? sometimes that will set a code when your mess wit the o2 sensors and cause it to idle rough, run rich, run lean, or all or the above at random times. you probably need to take it to a dyno tuner or just get a tuner yourself to try and cure the rich fuel exhaust. as for the maf its kinda like EH...you can but there is not really a major diff as far as performance but its not as hard on it if it all matched and your products would last longer, but me i didnt....  
5.0, gt40P 1.98 int. 1.58 ex., 1.6 rr, guides and hardened rods, x303 cam vic jr int 650 holley t-5 3.73's

FoxCobraPredator
New User
Posted: 09/01/12 03:24 PM

Icon QuoteThomasFaeh.:
I have a 93 gt w/ bbk cold air intake, flowmaster II's , underdrive pulleys,  and recent removal of my catalytic convertors. The exhaust reeks (too rich?), gas mileage has suffered etc. What tuning or modifications can I make to counter these negative traits associated w/ no cats? Also, when you have a cold air intake should considerations be made for changing your MAF sensor. I presently live @ 7000 feet. THKS!!!!

Get after-market HI FLow CATS. Put back the stock 02 sensors  

FoxCobraPredator
New User
Posted: 09/01/12 03:24 PM

Icon QuoteThomasFaeh.:

Get after-market HI FLow CATS. Put back the stock 02 sensors