• Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

2004 Mystichrome Cobra 601/565 with a KB 2.6

91svtcoupe
User
Posted: 03/09/10 03:49 PM

New Car to Submit...

here is some new pictures of the New Mystic I picked up. I am the second owner of the car.

Picture1842

Picture1912

Picture1662

Picture1482

Picture2202

The story of the Car.

Robert Millers 2004 Mystichrome Cobra "Terminator" 601hp/574tq

I remember the day like it was yesterday, Walking in to NC oldest Ford Dealership "Yadkin Valley Motors Inc." in my hometown on Wilkes Co NC. There it was, a 2004 Mystichrome Cobra, not just any Cobra but a 390hp car nicknamed the "Terminator". At the time I was a newlywed and I knew that the sticker price of $38550.00 was way out of my range not mention that my wife and I was about to build a new house. So instead of driving away in what I thought was the jaw dropping Mustangs of Mustangs I drove away in my little Daily Driver and when I got home I went to work on my 87 Fox GT at the time. In my mind I kept seeing the Topez Green to Cobalt Blue to Royal Purple and Finally Onyx Black mystichrome paint, not only that but the interior of the car was something I had never seen either. While the paint on the outside was without a doubt something truly amazing the intrior followed suite with the Leather inserts also changing color. After awhile I finally started sleeping through the night and continued on with my Mustang life mostly trading and working on Foxbodies. But each time I picked up a Great Magazine (5.0 Mustang & Super Fords) or attended a Car show, if there was a Mystichrome Car........I was like a kid in a candy store. Well recently some of us Cobra lovers in NC got together to do a photoshoot and just hang out. We ended up with "34" 03-04 Cobras and about 10 other stangs. While there I was driving my new pride and joy a 2003 Sonic Blue Cobra Coupe. The Car was nice and with recent addtions by Donnie Salem of Boosted Performance it was making tons of street power also(605/594). However one of the fellow SVT guys was driving my dream car yet again. It was Zeekman, he was in a 2004 15k mile Mystichrome Cobra and I was in love yet again. A few  weeks had gone by and I was looking real hard hoping to find  the car I remember seeing 7 years early. It was Friday Feb 12th and it was closing time at work. I did one more quick search on Svtperformance.net and there it was. A 2004 Mystichrome Cobra For Sale! Not only was it for sale but it was reasonable, with a whole list of mods. I quickly sent the Seller a PM and he responded with the VIN. I quickly did some research and it was like my dream was becoming a reality. Not only was he the orginal owner of the car but he had kept the Car pretty much as a garage queen all its life. But as "Eric" put it, the car wasn't always babied, "I did occassionaly feel her up a bit" he said and who wouldn't? The car was sporting 601hp at the tires and 574tq. How you might ask? Well he had added a 2.6 Kenne Bell blowzilla @ 19lbs of boost sucking air through a Accufab/Kenne Bell Throttle body and Steeda cold air intake. To keep the belts rolling smoothy he added Metco Idler Pullies and to make sure it stayed cooled he put in the Head Cooling mod and a LFP Heat Exchanger. A set of 60lb injectors and a Kenne Bell Boost-a-pump kept up with the fuel suppy (I knew that if all went well I would have a Fore Precision Fuel hate awaiting two Twin GT pumps that could be installed in the coming months). Modular Powerhouse had worked there magic with the 93 octane tune. Suspension and Drivetrain also had improvements with Maximum Motorsports Full length SF connectors, Lowered Stock springs, Billet Flow Diff Brace and MGW shifter that helped the Mac Prochamber midpipe and Polished Flowmaster catback sing outloud. A Week later I was in the drivers seat and pinching my self to see if it was real. Snice I have had the car its been nothing but amazing for sure. So many people are just overwhelmed by the Ford applied Mystichrome paint. I also added  a few touches my self including: Speedhut Fuel Pressure and Volt Gauges with the help of an SOS pillar pod. An Aeroforce inerceptor Gauge that helps keep track of important things also like Water temp, Intake Temps, and accuriate Boost numbers. Not knowing what could compliment such a fine piece of art and American Muscle I decided to add True Forged Mach 5 18" wheels wrapped in BFG's tires. The result ....well it speaks for its self and me........well I havn't stop grinning snice I first saw the car back in the service center of Yadkin Valley Motors.  

Michael Johnson
Enthusiast
Posted: 03/10/10 11:44 AM

Your posting priviliges have been revoked until you turn over one of your cars to us for a weekend of "spirited" driving. LOL  
Michael Johnson
Associate Editor
5.0 Mustang and Super Fords

91svtcoupe
User
Posted: 03/11/10 02:26 PM

lol....

hey as long as it comes with a two page spread in your "Spirted" mag.....its all yours.

Cool  

91svtcoupe
User
Posted: 03/11/10 05:49 PM

Few More.....

102 23422

102 23252

102 23422

102 23532

102 23542

102 23552

102 23702  

91svtcoupe
User
Posted: 06/09/10 08:07 PM

Okay Steve or Michael....the car should be back from Donnie Salem's Boosted Perfomance Next Week...and we are going to have it at Mustang Week. You guys interested in Test Driving? Shooting for a Street Friendly 650hp  

Michael Johnson
Enthusiast
Posted: 06/10/10 05:49 AM

I believe Steve will be at Mustang Week, but his Shelby makes 700hp at the wheels so he may be bored with your Cobra. LOL Just kidding, Donnie is good people, and he should be able to make those numbers happen. When I come to the ZMAX race, I will be happy to use it as my weekend rental. Hahaha  
Michael Johnson
Associate Editor

91svtcoupe
User
Posted: 06/12/10 06:18 PM

Okay....Maybe you can use it in Real Street, maybe by then I can have a 100 shot thrown on it.....Ha.....Who would have every thought that 650rwhp wouldn't be much.....L, However I think I would put it up against the 700hp Heavier GT500....maybe I can get him to spot me......Might need to line them up at Darlington..... Laugh

See ya

Rob  

Michael Johnson
Enthusiast
Posted: 06/15/10 06:18 AM

Turner's GT500 will probably never go down the 1,320 under heavy acceleration. LOL I'm just sayin'. Ha  
Michael Johnson
Associate Editor

Michael Johnson
Enthusiast
Posted: 06/15/10 06:19 AM

I could be wrong, but I doubt it. Turner?  
Michael Johnson
Associate Editor

91svtcoupe
User
Posted: 06/17/10 08:37 PM

Calling Turner......ummmmm Mr Turner........

sorry Couldn't help myself.....

Maybe he is centering the "SHELBY" letters again........ha ha...J/K Steve....

I loved that......Looked awesome....and car is Bad A$$

Mine prob want see any track time either....maybe we could see who can cruise and look the coolest going down the old 1320  

Michael Johnson
Enthusiast
Posted: 06/18/10 06:04 AM

Rob, have you seen Turner in person, you'd win that competition! LOL  
Michael Johnson
Associate Editor

91svtcoupe
User
Posted: 06/18/10 06:20 PM

Michael....Have you seen me in person.....Would be a Very Close Competition.....LMAO....

I got a cool story for him....

My wife made a Deal with me....that if I lost a 100lbs I could come back to MW 10....so I have at this point lost 58lbs....and I only have about 4 1/2 wks left.....Its going to be close....however she is going to come with me and let me go either way because I have put in a very Good Effort.....LOL  

Michael Johnson
Enthusiast
Posted: 06/21/10 06:31 AM

Great job. Maybe I'll get to see you in person at zMAX this year.  
Michael Johnson
Associate Editor