• Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

supercharger for a 05 v6

jared90
New User
Posted: 04/28/10 03:44 PM

i want to put a supercharger on my 05 v6 it has 102xxx miles on it. i have looked at the one that steeda has and i like it. i want a root style. it also has a 5 speed. my? is will the trans hold up and will the miles on the motor hurt me any. does anyone have one like that. this will be my lil girls car in a few years. and i will rebuild later.  

cam101
New User
Posted: 09/11/10 11:50 AM

Jared I have an 2006 V6 Mustang. That supercharger you are looking at is the X charger. It has a very good rep. My person al feeling it should be okay. As long as you have been doing your oil changes and maintaining basic services it should be ok.
On my six I have a Procharger pushing 10psi. I am making 315RWHP and 310lbs of torque.  

elijah.m.baldwin
New User
Posted: 11/26/10 07:51 AM

if your mustang is well maintained it will not hurt the drivetrain get a dianostic ran on it at a shop. i have a 2010 v6 w/ procharger, ultamitly your car will be fine once it is tuned and calibrated to the procharger...... and by the way you dont supercharger you want a procharger not  a supercharger will take power from the car to make power you will only get about 300 true power to th RW as where a procharger has its own power supply it will not take power this will put you at 350 HP instead on a wimmpy 300 there is a compamy in california called Procharger. check it out they call me the gt killer im beating 2010 315 hp  gt's you will to once you get a procharger.... NOT A SUPERCHARGER NOT A SUPERCHARGER.... U WILL BE SORRY  

elijah.m.baldwin
New User
Posted: 11/26/10 07:54 AM

KEEP IN MIND 10 PSI IS PUSHING IT ON A V6 MUSTANG PROCHARGER MINE IS 8 PSI WITH A FEW OTHER MODS AND IM PUSHIN 350 RWHP