• Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

TO Editor BABE OF THE MONTH VOTING GLITCH

MicNicMont1
New User
Posted: 07/20/10 10:16 AM

Hello. My name is Michelle and 5.0 has chosen me to be one of the 3 canidates up for the December Babe of the Month voting. I am writing this in regards to a glitch in your computer system that allows you to vote up to 30 to 50 times each vote. Literally, thousands of votes can be added in seconds and my friends and family as well as another contestant's (Africa is her name) that is also up for December has figured this out. I don't believe this is a fair competition and I would like to respectfully request that the editors look into how many single individuals voted by checking how many IP address' voted or possibly let December Babe of the Month be an editors pick. Please make this fair for everyone. Thanks, Michelle  

mrztifferz
New User
Posted: 07/20/10 03:07 PM

I agree with Michelle that in this particular instance maybe an editor's pick would be best.  I am honored to have been picked as a contestant and I don't mind not being picked as babe of the month so long as it is done in a fair judgement. As a suggestion for future polls, I know that ABC has people login with an email address and only allows each email address up to 5 votes when voting for their shows, like Dancing with the Stars, so that way it is certain to be fair (unless someone registers 100 different email addresses with yahoo... but that's just insane). No matter what the verdict is for deciding, I do want to thank 5.0 for the chance to represent my man's 'stang =) And I am looking foward to the Dec issue!!  

gclark
Administrator
Posted: 07/21/10 05:06 AM

As of now our polling software doesn't have a mechanism for blocking extra votes. The editorial staff is discussing a solution and will announce something when a decision is made.  

MicNicMont1
New User
Posted: 07/21/10 07:42 AM

Greg, There is a little more to the glitch than just being able to vote more than once. The glitch in your system allows you to select a name and then when you hit the vote button you can hit it 20 to 50 times really fast and all the votes will take. If you have your cookies off you can refresh and do it again. Literally allowing thousands of votes to be added in under 1 minute. My friends and family figured this out and told me. Appearently another contestant has as well because an 8000 vote gain in 3 hours is impossible. I just wanted to bring this to your attention even though I am in the contest... This glitch has made it unfair for the contestants. 1) deciding how many ip addresses voted or 2) an editors pick would be fair for all girls. Thanks, Michelle  

gclark
Administrator
Posted: 07/22/10 06:52 AM

Oh, I completely understand how inadequate our polling system is currently. This has been communicated, more than once, to our Development team for resolution.  

KYS19180520
New User
Posted: 07/22/10 07:25 AM

Michelle, you've got a good point, but your definitely a hypocrite because your "friends and family"... and yourself(dont deny it) were the first ones to figure it out, which got your votes up to an amount that was way out of reach to anyone unless they cheated to keep up with yours.... which is totally unfair. In my opinion, you started this whole mess, where as if you would have just voted once for yourself, no one would have known about the glitch and consequently, none of this would have happened. I think its really funny how the one who started all the cheating and pretty much showed us everyone else that they could cheat too is the one complaining about how its "unfair" ... just saying..

I honestly think that tiffany should win (even though thats not who i voted for) just because she has a realistic amount of votes.

THANK YOU!  

MicNicMont1
New User
Posted: 07/22/10 08:34 AM

Mr. - you can think whatever you want about my votes. I'm the ones that realized there was no way a contestant could come up so fast to catch me aNd knew there had to be a glitch in their system and yes a friend of mine figured it out and told more friends of mine. As the contestant, you can't help who gets on the website and starts voting for you. I'm not a hypocrite as you called me. I knew another contestant was cheating as well as my friends were logging on as well and voting and I'm not catty so I decided to write a letter to the editor stating their polling system didn't make it fair for all the girls. They can check ip addresses to get the real truth on votes or do an editors pick if they choose. At this point, there's nothing we can do but wait for their decesion and pointing fingers and calling each other hypocrites is just ridiculous because you don't know me.  

KYS19180520
New User
Posted: 07/22/10 09:20 AM

Well, for all that its worth, your still a cheatin ass bird-nosed *** and your as fake as a pair of $10 Gucci shades. HAHA! I kinda hope you do win so I can hang your calendar in my room, I've been needing something distinct to throw my darts at.. and your tucan sam nose will be a GREAT target. Hope it works out for you.

Ps. I really like your red rustang .. classic  

MustangMan80
New User
Posted: 07/22/10 11:23 AM

She is on an SVT Cobra R - NOT classic at all. HAHA!!!  

AugustRoush
New User
Posted: 07/22/10 11:36 AM

one lucky girl to have an R and a 500. Good luck Michelle. Hope u win.  

mrztifferz
New User
Posted: 07/22/10 12:25 PM

To KYS19180520 ~ Even though you didn't vote me for me I appreciate you noticing & mentioning how "realistic" the # of my votes are b/c I spent alot of time calling, texting, facebooking, & myspacing to rally up my friends & family for their votes. So thanks!

Michelle ~ are those your 'stangs? I see the red one has a # on the door almost cut out, so if they are, I take it you race too?

-Tiff  

MicNicMont1
New User
Posted: 07/22/10 01:01 PM

Tiff, Yes they are!!...a 2000 Cobra R which is number 198 of 300 in the world. That is a racing sticker that says 198. I love to race. I also have a 2008 Shelby Gt500 that is my everyday driver.  

mrztifferz
New User
Posted: 07/22/10 08:02 PM

Awesome - love the shelby!  

gclark
Administrator
Posted: 07/23/10 09:08 AM

OK. We're not going to tolerate name calling on the site. This issue is a problem partially created by our software, to be sure. But name calling and everything else will NOT be tolerated!

Anymore name calling and you WILL be banned on all of our sites. And that part of the software is far more effective than our polling software!