• Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

Dear Editors and System Administrators

PollNudge
New User
Posted: 12/16/10 04:52 PM

I understand your software can't identify fraudulent votes. Please take a look at the URL below to view historic polling data on the May 2011 babe of the month.

http://www.pollcop.com/polls/mustang50magazine/may-2011-babe-of-the-month

Notice anything? I've been sampling the voting data over the last few days. Going forward I believe this tool will be invaluable in helping you decide the best course of action.

I'm a huge fan of the site and the magazine and I just want to make sure the ladies get the respect and proper treatment they deserve. Regardless of situation, I offer you, your web users, and contestants transparency on pollcop.

I leave interpretation of the graphs up to you, but my suggestion would be to corroborate the data with your web access logs for the poll.

Unless, of course, this type of voting is sanctioned by the site (or you just don't care) in which case, please ignore this post. It's your site, I have no vested interest, I'm not selling anything, and I am only interested in helping you build legitimacy.  

BossChick22
New User
Posted: 12/17/10 07:28 AM

Wow, there is some really unbelievable voting going on! 500+ votes in minutes!
Too bad, these girls are real pretty.  

gclark
Administrator
Posted: 12/17/10 08:38 AM

We are aware of this issue. Unfortunately its not the first time. Our Development team is looking into methods to prevent this situation. Thanks for your assistance in tracking the numbers.  

BossChick22
New User
Posted: 12/17/10 08:57 AM

What about the votes for the girls that have already been counted?  Clearly alot of them are not real. The current counts cant be accurate.  

BossChick22
New User
Posted: 12/18/10 03:18 PM

Wow, according to that poll linked above, it appears cheating is still going on. +200 votes in a minute =/ Not cool! Not cool! Come on everyone, play fair!  Grin  

Sharad
User
Posted: 12/21/10 11:46 AM

dude, it's BOTM, not a presidential election. It's supposed to be fun!?  
Sharad Raldiris - 1989 LX 5.0

BossChick22
New User
Posted: 12/21/10 12:18 PM

You're right it should be fun ....but also fair!  

PollNudge
New User
Posted: 12/21/10 12:52 PM

@gclark, np, if you decide to use the analysis, let me know if you need anything specific/special. pollcop's a wip.

@Sharad, as a web developer/statistical analyst I'm having a blast. Smile

@BossChick22, agreed. There's a direct correlation between fair and fun. (sorry for the pun)  

gclark
Administrator
Posted: 12/22/10 07:48 AM

I want to thank everybody for the comments. We ALWAYS want to read your comments.  Laugh

@POLL_NUDGE has been very helpful in tracking the voting during this month's contest. pollcop.com is a cool site!

@BossChick22, you're totally right that this hasn't been fair. Its an issue that bothers us greatly.

@Sharad is completely right. This isn't a presidential election. Its just a poll. If we're not enjoying this then why are we doing it?

So, where do we stand for the 5.0 BOTM polling. Our development team is aware of the issue. It will a month or so before they can look at this issue given other priorites as they are developing for about 75 sites in total. From my standpoint as Web Producer I would like to have some method in place to cut down on the fraud--eliminating it entirely would make voting entirely too cumbersome to be useful. As Sharad says, "it's BOTM, not a presidential election. It's supposed to be fun!?"

Until the developers can implement a solution I'm going to suppress the results and vote count until the poll is closed. I've asked poll_nudge to not create a page for the next poll. I know this is asking a lot because the internet is about freedom of speech, etc. It goes against my own beliefs to do so.  Mad  Confused

I ONLY do it to regain some fairness in the voting. The more I think about it the more I don't like it--expecially given the FCC's ruling on Net Neutrality, but that's a completely different story. Once a solution for the polling is implemented I want to watch pollcop.com myself during the month. I'm just as curious about the voting myself.  

BossChick22
New User
Posted: 01/03/11 09:14 AM

Wow, WTF. According to the link posted here Danielle had the most votes (after you zeroed all three girls out due to crazy voting) How was the winner chosen?  

Sharad
User
Posted: 01/08/11 04:34 AM

oh, for pete's sake...  
Sharad Raldiris - 1989 LX 5.0

BossChick22
New User
Posted: 01/08/11 10:59 AM

Sharad, just saying fair is fair. According to the poll results on Mustang 5.0's voting page, Danielle had over 800. Give these girls an honest chance. Smile  

firehorse5_0
User
Posted: 01/25/11 01:34 PM

I have to dissagree with Sharad. With the kind if cheating that is going on it is no fun at all. It is not even a poll if one guy just sits in front of the computer hiting the vote button. The others lose even though one most likley got the most popular vote. It is wrong even if it is just BOTM. Look at it this way, would drag racing be any fun if the other guy had a button that could just shut your car off if he was loosing?? I enjoy BOTM and would like to submit my car/gal some time, but not until there can be a fair vote. It would be better if the editors just picked every month or make it so you have to log in to vote like Readers Rides. Or a combination of editors pick, members vote, and poll.. Just some thoughts.  

BossChick22
New User
Posted: 02/02/11 12:28 PM

@ firehorse5_0 , totally agreed! Smile