• Subscribe to a Magazine
12 Last
Item Posts    Sort Order

Subscriber in Taji Iraq

terrygofforth
New User
Posted: 12/25/10 03:02 AM

Greetings and Merry Christmas to the staff of 5.0 Mustangs and Fast Fords.
Am a Gulf war veteran retired now supporting the U.S. Army as a contractor in Taji Iraq. Want to send thanks out to you and your mag for making this stay a more enjoyable one. Reading on what add on and upgrades for the mustang are the highlights of my day. My wife has currently put in a subscription to the mag so I don't lose out on any of the fabulous information. I've currently became sole owner of my 2005 GT. Completed a before winter clean up and stored her in my garage for the winter. Thanks to your mag I've now extended my wish list to the higher end parts to add to my every day driver. needless to say my wife gives me that "In your dreams" look every time I Skype her with new additions to the wish list.

Have to stop for now as I have to finish the articles in the 5.0 Feedback area of the Feb 2011 edition.

Terry Gofforth
Taji Iraq  

gclark
Administrator
Posted: 01/03/11 05:59 AM

Sorry for the delay Terry.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and God Bless to you and everyone else in hostile territory!

Thanks for the kind words and we know the addiction you speak of. Its a good addiction to have! When you get back you'll just have to get your wife addicted too. haha

Be safe and get home to your GT, I mean wife, soon. lol

Greg  

terrygofforth
New User
Posted: 01/10/11 03:18 AM

Greg,
Thank you for the reply. Am having a wonderful New years here. Saving up the mustang dollars for when I return. Have many things planned to transform my NOW MINE not the banks stang. New cervini hood with struts for one. An in dash OEM nav/sat radio to replace the cd player. Either re-upholster my bucket seats with plush leather with GT insert logo's. So far the one item am having trouble get passed the wife is the Super charger with cold air intake. After all I do show the car just not on the strip. Am out for now, have to go check and see if the magazine has hit the mail.

Terry Gofforth
Site Manager
Taji, Iraq  

terrygofforth
New User
Posted: 02/04/11 12:32 AM

Hey all,

I have the Feb and March 5.0 mag's in hand and ready to use up my quiet time by reading them cover to cover.  Grin  

terrygofforth
New User
Posted: 02/11/11 10:58 PM

Just finished the 5.0 mag article "What's it worth to you? Impressive. Am in complete agreement that a mustang, or any car for that matter, is what you want it to be. I fell in love with my 05 GT right off the truck. The price tag went from 25 grand to priceless. December 2010 the car no longer belonged to the bank. I've ordered a few parts here and there to dress up the near perfect stock look. Wife and I wanted to give it a more muscle sound. The past five years I've had my ride in more states than most ever want to dream to go. I've been in car shows in Tucson Az, Savannah Ga, Killeen Texas, Clarksville Tenn, and Glasgow Kentucky. My point is I do love my car and do keep it better than show room clean. It's my everyday driver and my conversation piece at every gas station I have pulled through. This car will be one of those precious hand me downs to the most deserving family member. So here I am in the present. Am in Iraq and my car is in a warm garage. There is a Roush extreme exhaust system in a box next to the car. Also a new set of head lights on the tool box waiting for install. In closing my Ride is worth a life time of happiness to me. One that will also be shared with others through out time.  

terrygofforth
New User
Posted: 02/18/11 08:29 AM

Have a great Idea. I don't get them often so listen up. This applies to us whom are getting up in the years. How about a Happy 5.0 Mug for us whom are turning 50. Such a cool Idea. if was back in the states wife for sure would have put the emblem on my cake.

Great Magazine and am loving the reading while looking at the pictures.  

terrygofforth
New User
Posted: 03/19/11 08:58 AM

Wow has it actually been that long since my last post? Well am back. Talked to a few club members as they were getting ready for today's car show. Friday had some paint put on my calipers. Made such a great difference. Also had my new head lights installed. Really dressed up my car. Pictures can be found on my Face book page.

More later. Going out to enjoy this 81 degree temperatures.

Oh almost forgot. Posted my rides pictures in the Rides gallery on 5.0 as it went through a transformation of sort. Will be back in states in December to get some better shots.  

terrygofforth
New User
Posted: 05/01/11 12:30 AM

Have May & June editions in hand. Now I can dream of other things to do to my ride for next year. Great Mag to read. Plus educational for me in the  mechanical workings of the mustang and performance. Think I've learned more this year than I have ever been interested in ever haha.

Catch everyone soon.  

terrygofforth
New User
Posted: 05/04/11 02:15 AM

Opening the cover of June 2011 5.0 magazine  

terrygofforth
New User
Posted: 05/18/11 11:44 PM

Still looking into that Happy 5.0th day mug idea.
Finished the June edition of 5.0 just in time. The July issue is in hand. Time to start reading about the 700 HP bolt-ons. Grin

Wife still says &^%$ no to the super charger.  

terrygofforth
New User
Posted: 08/11/11 03:37 AM

Really enjoy my time reading the Magazines here in the sandbox. the webpage keeps me busy on the readings in between the issues. Four Months left in Sandbox then headed back to Kentucky.  

terrygofforth
New User
Posted: 09/04/11 11:40 AM

Just opened my mail to the newest edition off the press. Thank you 5.0 for starting September off on a fantastic note.  

terrygofforth
New User
Posted: 11/05/11 02:29 AM

It's November!!! You believe it ? Less than 14 days and I'll be back in the land of the living.
See everyone soon and thank you for all the correspondence. Grin  

terrygofforth
New User
Posted: 11/16/11 10:25 PM

Am at the hop before the skip and jump before arriving state side. Wishing everyone a happy Turkey day. May be home just after the great day. Remember, no Christmas decorating until after the festive turkey meal.

Still look forward to seeing the 5.0th birthday mug.  

terrygofforth
New User
Posted: 12/07/11 08:59 AM

Landed in USA on 27th. Am home  Mission complete. Thank you for all the updates and reply's

Thread Closed  

12 Last