• Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

boss 302 track key

1000yardman
New User
Posted: 07/27/11 04:17 AM

Has any new owners of a Boss had their track key activated?I have seen them on you tube,however,my dealer tells me the software is not available yet.  

bbrown450
New User
Posted: 07/30/11 06:47 PM

I will tell you what I was told by two different dealers.I dropped a deposit on one today. Dealer number one says they are waiting for final approval from California, then they will charge  you 300 bucks to program. The other dealer said everyone that purchased a Boss will be invited to a track day to drive one of Fords 302"s in order to understand the effects since it negates stability control.
Some one needs to get the story straight. Him much did  you pay for your 302?  

1000yardman
New User
Posted: 07/31/11 09:08 PM

The invite to a track day,for instruction of track tune is a new one,ridiculous!My research results are same as yours,the California "carb"was the reason for the delay.Ford needs to step up with a definitive truthful statement considering all the hoopla,marketing *** enticed us with.Paid $44.5K  Love the car and cannot wait to put a blower on it.Spoke to Shelby America,they have not supercharged a Boss yet.They are researching with Whipple and Kenne Bell about the double tune setup.I picked them because they have access to Fords ECU codes etc.I am not holding my breath on the track key program,pisses me off!