• Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

Upgrading a 95 gt 5.0 need suggestions

Drally
New User
Posted: 01/17/12 09:15 PM

At this point I'm doing a edelbrock rpm upper and lower intake system with bbk 70mm throttle body and  gt40 heads and idk what cam to get. Would like to know what injector size I should use and do I need new fuel rails? I'm going to get bbk headers, xpipe ext, and smog pump taking out. just want to get someone that knows more about these beasts to tell me if and am I taking a good route to get some hp out of this car. Any suggestions would be great
Thanks josh  

Drally
New User
Posted: 01/19/12 09:14 AM

Nobody has nothing to say wow good forum  

waynep7122
User
Posted: 01/19/12 10:41 PM

there are 4 mustang and ford specific magazines on this site...   all the forums are slow..  seems everybody is out shoveling snow.. and chipping ice off the gutters..

mustang coverage is probably in these 4..  plus HRM, CC, PHR, also..

each magazine has a search box...   and a tech menu..  

there are just SO many ways to go..

just curious...    do you plan on keeping this car for a LONG LONG TIME...  

do you need to smog test the car to keep it street legal..  or plan on moving to an area where the car will need to be smog tested..

all the stuff you ask has been covered dozens of times in different set ups..  each one using a slightly different combo..

do you need to beat a MTA bus.. or are you going heads up with John Force..  describe what your needs are...  

Drally
New User
Posted: 01/21/12 07:23 AM

No smog testing I live in Wisconsin rapids they don't care. I'm just trying to figure out what cam , what lb fuel injectors and I'm out to beat my cuzs stock 2010 rt Challanger  

firehorse5_0
User
Posted: 02/01/12 01:24 PM

Where do I start??? If you are going to beat that challanger you are going to need some better heads. yes you will need bigger injectors, dont know how big until nail down your specs. There is way more to building a fast car than just cam and heads. Pick your cam last, figure out your comp. ratio ( what grade fuel you want to pay for) rpm range, gear ratio, car weight, CID, ect. Then call the cam co. and get their recomendation. And do some READING.  

Venom351R
New User
Posted: 05/25/12 10:17 PM

#24lb injectors are commonly used with H/C/I swaps. You will not need larger fuel rails at all, that is the least of your concerns. The stock fuel rails are good for up to around 500 HP or more. The Challenger's are big and heavy but I would suggest better heads then the GT40's. Take a look into the Trick Flow and Edelbrock top end kits, they come with everything you need for a top end swap and the kits come with parts that all work well together and will get the car close to the 300 RWHP mark. When you said you wanted to beat him do you mean track times, dyno numbers or just on the street?