• Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

4.6 intake

porkfist
New User
Posted: 01/22/12 07:29 AM

Hey everybody, I've got a question about my 2000 gt. I got a cylinder 8 missfire code, so I went to switch coil packs 8&7. When I pulled out #8 the end of the boot was wet. It was not oil or gas. I'm pretty sure it was anifreeze. I recently bought the car and the dealer power washed the engine bay so I'm not 100% sure that it's anitfreeze. Is time for a new intake? Confused  Anyway, just wondering if anyone has had some experience with this. Thanks yall!  

porkfist
New User
Posted: 01/22/12 07:34 AM

WOW! My rank sucks!  

waynep7122
User
Posted: 01/22/12 11:48 AM

there are radiator pressure testers to hook to the cooling system to check for leaks...

some parts stores have them in the loan a tool section behind the counter.. check the web sites or the counter mat in the store.. ask the store manager also...

some stores offer kits with the various adaptors needed as you don't have a conventional shape of radiator cap that the pressure tester was designed to work directly with.. it takes adaptors for the radiator pressure tester to work...  

waynep7122
User
Posted: 01/22/12 11:51 AM

oh and mustang II's do rock..  they roll also.. they are so popular.. that many people have duplicated the front suspension system and installed it on their cars...

but you an i actually know the m2 front suspension came off a pinto first..  

porkfist
New User
Posted: 01/22/12 02:35 PM

Your right! My dad had one on his 53 chevy. Thanks for the info.