Ad Radar
  • Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

2005 mustang upgrades

maners05stang
New User
Posted: 06/28/12 07:06 PM

Ok I have a 2005 mustang GT with 44000 miles. So far this is what i have done.

SCT computer Programmer
K&N cold air Intake
OffRoad Xpipe with Flowmasters
Throttle body spacer
NOS 125HP wet shot
Ford Racing 410 gears

Now my question is what should i do next. I don't have a very big budget but i have a goal but I am hoping to hit 400hp to the wheels without the nitrous and I need some help getting the next step to get me there.

Thanks for the future help..... Grin  

flexmiller
New User
Posted: 04/15/14 08:00 AM

trouble sending  

flexmiller
New User
Posted: 04/15/14 08:02 AM

trouble sending  

flexmiller
New User
Posted: 04/15/14 08:03 AM

Icon Quotemaners05stang:
Ok I have a 2005 mustang GT with 44000 miles. So far this is what i have done.

SCT computer Programmer
K&N cold air Intake
OffRoad Xpipe with Flowmasters
Throttle body spacer
NOS 125HP wet shot
Ford Racing 410 gears

Now my question is what should i do next. I don't have a very big budget but i have a goal but I am hoping to hit 400hp to the wheels without the nitrous and I need some help getting the next step to get me there.

Thanks for the future help..... Grin

- trouble sending  

flexmiller
New User
Posted: 04/15/14 08:26 AM

I'm new to the site and you sent this awhile ago. You will likely require : 62 mm throttle body, FRPP Intake Manifold, better breathing heads, FRPP Hot Rod Camshafts(uses stock springs), headers and complimenting full exhaust; maybe a different cold air intake - FRPP, Steeda, JLT; someone who knows how to tune this properly. Steeda offers power packages also - driveability/reliability may suffer. Maybe bigger fuel injectors and keep your cooling system in topnotch condition - change coolant regularly especially if driven often/hard. Be sure to 'upgrade' all fluids - I use only Amsoil : engine, radiator fluid, transmission, rear differential + slip lock 4 oz additive, steering too and brake fluid. Maybe even transmission/engine oil coolers too as these mods up the heat on the car. Hope this helps. You may need to upgrade your suspension too especially the rear - Steeda lower control arms + the upper unit/mount. Kevin