Ad Radar
  • Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

blower problem

hayabusa1--93lx ssp
New User
Posted: 08/19/12 11:20 AM

will the blower motor blow even if the car is'nt running but the ignition switch is is just in the start position  

waynep71222
User
Posted: 08/19/12 03:15 PM

yes...

its called positive ventilation ...  blower comes on at a low speed... just enough to keep air pressure inside the car...  so carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide from the exhaust cannot leak in through various tiny gaps in seals. around the back of the car..

i kinda recall that you have a 90 or a 95 mustang..  i cover a lot of forums.. so i cannot keep up with who has what..  

hayabusa1--93lx ssp
New User
Posted: 08/27/12 06:37 PM

well i was just wondering because it doesnt blow @ all when i just turn the key in the run position 93.lx  

pepsi1
New User
Posted: 08/28/12 07:54 PM

No it won't. It should only run as you first stated and when the engine is running.If I read your problem correctly. Once you turn the ignition switch to the start position, and the engine starts the ignition switches back to the run configuration...Hope that answers your question.

Bob  

hayabusa1--93lx ssp
New User
Posted: 08/29/12 03:32 PM

hey bud im out here putting the panel & dash back together right now wont be turning the motor over yet but thanks a million for the info  

waynep71222
User
Posted: 08/30/12 05:27 AM

start at the ignition switch...

Fordignitionswitchpinouts

could be bad...

blower control voltage usually comes from  one of the A2 terminals...

about the P terminals  P2 and i seem to recall the single end.. in the crank position.. those are grounded... so the oil and temp light circuits are grounded as a bulb check..

i don't have the HVAC wiring diagram handy for that model... probably vary similar to other models..

you can get it from eautorepair dot net   sometimes you can google it..

the low speed positive vent system is probably also controlled by a relay... it is on other cars...