• Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

Air intake sensor!!!!

groovygroveone
New User
Posted: 07/17/12 10:48 AM

What year did they change the air intake sensor on a 5.0 from the intake to the air filter tube??? Which is better? sensor in intake or air filter tube!!!!  

waynep71222
User
Posted: 07/17/12 11:08 AM

there are 2 different reasons for the sensor location changes....

and i might get this wrong as i am NOT an automotive fuel injection engineer.. i am kind of a reverse engineer...   as i have to figure out how they made it work to figure out if its working as designed...

when there is a MAF flow sensor...   the sensor is usually in the air intake.. as the computer needs to know the air temp to set the value for how dense the air is..  so it can create a proper value of how much air is passing through the MAF sensor..

on cars without MAF flow sensors... the intake air sensor is usually in the intake... so the computer can calculate the density of the air inside the intake manifold..  speed density systems..  

groovygroveone
New User
Posted: 07/17/12 12:30 PM

On the MAF sensor,my scanner said that the maxium voltage was to high. How do I go about lowering the voltage.What do I need to do??  

waynep71222
User
Posted: 07/17/12 03:11 PM

0900C1528006943b

0900C1528006943a

i seem to recall you changed a BUNCH of things.. like injector sizing and Throttle body size...  

groovygroveone
New User
Posted: 07/17/12 05:01 PM

I have changed a lot of parts,just trying to get it where it will run half way normal. The throttle body has not been changed as of yet. Still having a hard time with the high revving when shifting gears. Other than that ,the car runs like a top. Still puzzled about the high revving. I guess I'll just have to live with it,thata way. Everything I have done has made it better,just finding that simple little problem. I know and feel it going to be something very simple.  

waynep71222
User
Posted: 07/18/12 01:21 PM

since you seem to have a manual transmission..

was your car originally equipped with a manual or was it an automatic car...

is the computer for an manual transmission..

is the clutch interlock switch working ..  i have forgotten what year your car is..

its not shown on many generic wiring diagrams..  

waynep71222
User
Posted: 07/18/12 01:25 PM

just curious... do you have one of the 30 buck code readers.. so you can Run KOEO and KOER tests to verify the system is working properly..  

groovygroveone
New User
Posted: 07/18/12 02:02 PM

The car is a 97 Mustang coupe,came with a 5 spd. I took out the 3,8 and replaced it with a 85 engine with all 95 brackets. Back to question at hand,Then I check the codes again. Then the tps checked ok then. Rechecked with the engine running,got 3 codes then. Checked to see what they were and it came back to the items I had disconnected. EGR valve,and the vacuum sensors.
The engine light continues to come on,but I figure it from where the egr is not hooked up,it has a simulatorplugged in! The computer was ordered for a 5spd trans.If you come up with some other ideas,please let me know!!!