• Back Issues
  • Personalized Cover
  • Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

1995 Ford Mustang GT/GTS

royleebliz
New User
Posted: 11/25/12 02:55 AM

I just had to drop another 5.0 in my GT and i have been having a ton of trouble getting it running right well really getting it to run is one issue it dont want to fire up and when it does and i put it in gear it wants to bog down when giving it gas and try to go when i let off the gas also it dont want to run when the Mass Air is plugged in anyone think they could help me with this issues i really want to drive my Stang so bad and owning it for 5 years and not getting to drive it isnt fun  

waynep71222
User
Posted: 11/25/12 09:36 AM

question ...  your car came with a 5.0HO motor.....   did you install a 5.0HO motor?? or an 5.0EFI motor...

or did you install a short block.. or a long block... if so... WHICH cam got installed?? EFI or HO version or SOMEthing else...

the 5.0HO and the 5.0EFI have DIFFERENT firing orders... not a HUGE problem...

the H.O firing order is 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8  
the EFI  firing order is 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8

if you installed a complete motor... did you install or still have your 5.0EFI engine wiring harness to the injectors and sensors...

this site says the best option is to swap the HO cam into the EFI motor...  then you can use the HO computer and the HO firing order without running into serious issues...

http://oldfuelinjection.com/index.php?p=92

if you can answer which cam and firing order you are using...  i have more diagnosis to come...

do you have some way to run the KOEO and KOER self diagnostic codes..  most stores have an actron

cp9015 for just over 30 bucks. that will assist you in gathering trouble codes...
here is the just over 60 page users manual to let you in on how to use the tool and decide if you need it or not..

http://www.actron.com/publish/2004/06/23/pdf_english_16153.pdf

Part Number: CP9015  

waynep71222
User
Posted: 11/25/12 10:08 AM

a few more things...

can you examine the ground wire connections or spend a few minutes cleaning them... or repairing them...   there is one on each end of the radiator core support.. next to the hood support bumpers...  the one on the drivers side i have found so many that have the wire strands actually broken ... this is an 8 gauge wire on most cars.. you can get 8 gauge crimp terminals and short sections of 8 gauge wire .. usually monster power wire from the car stereo shop.

there are more ground wires scattered around the motor that have to be hooked up...

the connectors also have to be clean.. and attached to clean areas .. so there is no corrosion or oxidation reducing the amount of electrons flowing through the system.. if you have resistance on the ground side. you won't have enough electrons to operate the devices properly...  

GTSMOJO
New User
Posted: 02/23/13 11:32 AM

Hello,
I am the proud owner of a 1995 Mustang GT/GTS. The only mods to my car is a BBK off road X-pipe, Flowmaster 40 Mufflers, and an MSD Ignition and coil. According to VIN research I have been conducting Mustang engine codes for 1995 Mustangs are as follows:
4 = 3.8L EFI V-6 w/145hp
E = 5.0L EFI V-8 215hp
D = 5.0L OHV V-8 240hp
C = 5.8L OHV V8 300hp

My particular VIN has a "T" as its engine code designation followed by "0" as the check digit. Does anyone have any information or spec details for the "T" engine code.

VIN (Partial)
1FALP42T0SFxxxx25

email info to dkdean73@hotmail.com

PS my GTS also is factory equiped with a T-5 and 3:73 rears. Dyno tested at 296 H.P peak and 355 ft lbs torque. @5600 rpm.  

waynep71222
User
Posted: 02/23/13 05:21 PM

from the AZ site..

Select the engine of your 1995 Ford Mustang:
Available engines
6 Cylinders 4 3.8L SFI
8 Cylinders T 5.0L SFI HO

Select the engine of your 1995 Ford Mustang Cobra:
Available engines
8 Cylinders C 5.8L SFI (found in 04% of 1995 Ford Mustang Cobra)
8 Cylinders D 5.0L SFI (found in 96% of 1995 Ford Mustang Cobra)

punch your entire vin number into the carfax site.. its free.. it will give you a short report on what year make model and engine it has..

and you might want to come back and edit you email out so you don't get your in box filled with spam from around the world...  although its probably too late..