• Back Issues
  • Personalized Cover
  • Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

Hello, here is my 1990

3318LX
New User
Posted: 12/28/12 08:19 AM

Hello to all! I have been an active reader of ALL mustang magazines & owner for many years. Not sure if this is the "Reader's Ride" section, but here goes....LOL

I currently have 2 mustangs, an 08 & a 90 which I'm going to describe & post pics below. I bought the car back in Oct of 06, so she just turned six in my stable. The car is a 90 coupe 5 speed car. It is an ex-FHP (SSP car) car. I have "all the trimmings" to dress the car as an FHP & do many shows that way with it.

The car currently makes 453 RWHP & 440RWTRQ. I have done 98% of all mods to the car. Here are the mods (I'm sure I've left something out as I have lost track): stock 302 bottom end with GT40X heads, E303 cam, cobra upper & lower, anderson power pype, 42lb injectors, meth kit, msd 6al, vortech S-trim, T-5 tranny, 3.55 gears, t/a girdle, all hotckis suspension, eibach srpings, corbeau seats, autometer gauges, camber plates, full exhaust, etc...you get the point. Here are the pics! I hope you enjoy & happy to have joined the website.

Mike

Street Trim:
Photoshoot8 22 10021
Photoshoot8 22 10029
Photoshoot8 22 10022
Photoshoot8 22 10039

Track Trim:
Coupephotoshoot6 18 2011009
Coupephotoshoot6 18 2011003
Coupephotoshoot6 18 2011018  
1990 LX 5.0 (Ex FHP car)
Cam/heads & Blown

2008 GT
Blown w/full suspension set-up.

pepsi1
New User
Posted: 12/29/12 03:03 AM

3318LX

Who cares if its the reader's ride place. If your a gear head so what! You get my point?
  IMO Boy that is perfect. Well its the way I like the way your car sits on all fours...LOL...
  To me its the  perfect stance, all the lines are correct, the wheels are nice they compliment the way the it sits. I'm lost as I'm an old gear head, I guess what I'm trying to say its stance is just right are those drag radials?
  I like the way you detailed the engine compartment, its not over stated. Are you going to show it?

3318LX Good Luck with it. Like I said IMO it great. I did judge Fire Trucks, and antique Motorcycles. I liked cars, trucks and things that weren't over stated. As I said if its your first car,your on the right track...keep it up. I appreciate nice cars because I understand the amount of work that goes into just doing the regular maintainence on them. I learned from the best, my dad and his friends.

Bob  

3318LX
New User
Posted: 12/30/12 10:34 AM

Thanks Bob, I do currently show the car. I just wanted to introduce myself & I was not sure if this was the right section....LOL.

Yes, those are BFG drag radials!  
1990 LX 5.0 (Ex FHP car)
Cam/heads & Blown

2008 GT
Blown w/full suspension set-up.

pepsi1
New User
Posted: 12/30/12 09:24 PM

3318LX

Keep it up, and Good Luck. I like It!!! To me it POPS. 453 RWHP and its streetable. So many people make the mistake of making that kind of HP, and they can't drive them. Did you do all the engine work yourself? (If you did or didn't) (I still like it) That's another part when you can tell someone you did it. Not the guy down the street. I'll bet it's a fun car to drive. It has show and GO! "Good Luck with it." Do take care...

"HAPPY-NEW-YEAR"
Bob

P.S. I'm 65 now. Have been around this stuff for 58 years, believe it. I had a 1964.5 271/289 K-Code Mustang with a Manual Convertible top. That was a fast production car. Have had many cars. It had a bad ending to it's life.  Mad