• Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order
Sticky Thread

"My Mustang Story"

KJ Jones 5.0
New User
Posted: 04/28/14 06:49 PM

Each and every Mustang enthusiast has a "story" of some sort. This fact can't be argued. For all of us, there's a compelling tale about our lives with late-model Ponies, and those stories typically answer the questions that we're oftentimes asked, by friends, other enthusiasts and especially by people outside the lifestyle: "How did you get started in the hobby?" "What was your first Mustang?" "Why do you love 'Stangs so much?" Etc.

I'm curious to know what your Mustang Story is; the honest account of how/why/etc you've become a hard-core 'Stangbanger like me, and my fellow Brand Managers of the Mustang360 Network.

My reason for going "all in" with late-model Ponies is explained in my Bench Racer column, in our upcoming Septemnber '14 issue. I'd like for you all to tell your stories by posting them in this forum topic.

Thanks, everyone. I can't wait to read 'em!  

zacman1
New User
Posted: 07/05/14 06:30 PM

Our mustang is a 2001 but i have a good story. My dad and I have loved mustangs ever since he bought his first one a few years after I was born. But not long after christmas of 2012, my dad had gotten my mom a 2011 camaro that he got by selling his 1993 triple white feature mustang/saleen. I was pretty upset at the time but I got over it after a while. But my mom never drove the camaro so we had the discussion of getting another mustang. Thats when I found my next love. There was a 2001 Roush stage 3 premium for sale with only 23,000 miles on it! So long story short my dad ended up trading the camaro and his fully paid for motorcycle for our next pony. We drove almost 200 miles to go pick it up even through rain and thunderstorms. When we got there the car was a little bit less of a show car than we expected. They were asking $22,000 but we ended up talking the guy down to $18,000!! The car had problems like scratches on the rocker panels and the window wouldnt roll down but those were just small problems. My biggest thing was that the supercharger wasnt loud enough! We've had it for almost a year now and we've upgraded the exhaust with spintech mufflers, we got a tunable induction air flow kit for it, smoked headlights and tail-lights, eleanor quarter window scoops and side scoops, and we also had the whole car buffed and painted to look brand new. The car started out with about 360hp with 375ft lbs of torque but now its up to about 425hp with 400 ft lbs of torque. So since the day we got it, its been another father-son project for my dad and I. I hope you enjoyed the story! Thanks for reading!  

zacman1
New User
Posted: 07/05/14 06:31 PM

Our mustang is a 2001 but i have a good story. My dad and I have loved mustangs ever since he bought his first one a few years after I was born. But not long after christmas of 2012, my dad had gotten my mom a 2011 camaro that he got by selling his 1993 triple white feature mustang/saleen. I was pretty upset at the time but I got over it after a while. But my mom never drove the camaro so we had the discussion of getting another mustang. Thats when I found my next love. There was a 2001 Roush stage 3 premium for sale with only 23,000 miles on it! So long story short my dad ended up trading the camaro and his fully paid for motorcycle for our next pony. We drove almost 200 miles to go pick it up even through rain and thunderstorms. When we got there the car was a little bit less of a show car than we expected. They were asking $22,000 but we ended up talking the guy down to $18,000!! The car had problems like scratches on the rocker panels and the window wouldnt roll down but those were just small problems. My biggest thing was that the supercharger wasnt loud enough! We've had it for almost a year now and we've upgraded the exhaust with spintech mufflers, we got a tunable induction air flow kit for it, smoked headlights and tail-lights, eleanor quarter window scoops and side scoops, and we also had the whole car buffed and painted to look brand new. The car started out with about 360hp with 375ft lbs of torque but now its up to about 425hp with 400 ft lbs of torque. So since the day we got it, its been another father-son project for my dad and I. I hope you enjoyed the story! Thanks for reading!