• Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order
Sticky Thread

Content Changes at Modified Mustangs & Fords

MustangMan
Posted: 09/24/09 05:41 AM

I know some of you don't get over to our blog section (or even know we have one Tongue) so I just wanted to bring this recent blog I wrote to everyone's attention here on the forum side.

Please read it at your convenience and it will explain everything concerning our editorial direction.

You can find the blog HERE.

Mark  
Mark Houlahan
Brand Manager
Mustang Monthly Magazine

1965 FFR Roadster 427W/TKO-600 5-speed
1966 Mustang 289-4V/C4 Auto
1968 Mustang 4.6L Three-Valve/5R55S Auto
1990 Mustang 306/AOD
2002 Explorer Sport Trac 4.0L V-6/5R55 Auto
2005 F-150 4x2 4.2L V-6/4R70W Auto

cobra351ci
New User
Posted: 10/17/09 01:59 PM

sorry  to bother just have a question. do you know if the lug pattern changes from 09 to 10 mustang GTs thanks!!  

67grnhornet
New User
Posted: 04/24/10 08:52 PM

Mark,

Can you help?  I've had 112 people look at my post at Mustang Monthly, zero replies. I need to clean and refresh my interior and Black Landau top, the car is a 67 with the Ivy Gold Two tone interior, 20 years ago I avoided Armour All on the 68 I had at the time, it was rumoured then to actually harm the interior, so I used plain old dish soap which I was afraid of and eventually the vinyl started cracking and I've been told since that plain detegent can cause deterioration. I saw some McQuires vinyl cleaner/restorer, have you tried this this or found anything that works ?  

Just as note ...I have no idea what "exactly" is at the core of my passion about these cars, my Dad was an oval track racer, passionate car guy, owner of many cool cars when I was a kid, maybe it advertisements that taught that cars that were cool attracted the girls or made me cool, maybe it was playing with hot wheels , that to a 5-9 yr old were really HOT WHEELS, Spencer for Hire, Rockfords Camaro, Robert Urich's T-Bird or James Bond in a Red/Black Mach 1...maybe it now represents my youth, freedom, future full of possiblility and it could be a little of all of those.

Anyway, cars have been a part of my life in a big way for a long time and I wanted to say Thank-you to the people at Mustangs and Fords and Mustang Monthly, I'm sure there's some big company out there that owns them both, that the knowledge the magazine staff has is far greater than they pay you all recieve but deserve, but it's the interest and passion people like yourselves have that bring us all back each month to the news stand. I don't need to read another article about changing your gauges out, but I do like to get that between the lines story from the perspectives of people like yourself.

As for the people that complain about articles, format, mistakes etc...I wish taht they would lay off you guys, without the work you do, we would have less places for suppliers to advertise, less suppliers, less newbies, less info...etc...you get the idea.  

I'm canadian so it's unlikely we will meet but I hope you have a great summer 2010 and keep up the good work.

Glenn

PS- He's has about 14 more years to go but I hope my son learns the lesson that my Mustang tools are never pry bars or hammers to work on his motorcycle with.  

GCS  

slud
User
Posted: 04/26/10 12:44 PM

I have heard several people swear to Dura-Gloss...Meguires, and Eagle One....for as many owners, you will get differing opinions. My Dad used Amway vinyl cleaner/protectant on his 77 Cougar, and it still looks like new. Now, having said that..the car never spent a night outside of his garage, no dew, no rain etc, ect. So lack of ultra violet rays do make a difference!!! My best advice..go to a show, ask what product is used, and how long they have been using it.. feel the vinyl, make some comparisons, buy what you think seemed to work the best, and STICK WITH IT!!! Good luck with the car!!!  

MustangMan
Posted: 04/27/10 05:48 AM

Glenn, thanks for the note and vote of confidence/kudos. I do try my best to give all our readers what they want each month, but we have a very diversified crowd and only so many pages in the magazine so we don't hit all eight cylinders every month for every person.

As for vinyl conditioning products I have been using Mequiar's Quik Detailer (that's the correct spelling) for interior and vinyl surfaces. I've got the spray, but they have pull out wipes too. It's kept the black vinyl Pony interior in my '66 looking really nice, soft, and just a hint of shine (not super glossy like a tire dressing).

Like you, I grew up with Hot Wheels, Matchbox (still got the blue case with my top 48 cars saved in it and wished I kept the tire case I had as a kid) and TV shows like Dukes of Hazzard, Knight Rider, etc. BTW, Rockford drove a Firebird, not a Camaro. Here's a bit of trivia too, the plate on the Firebird was airbrushed cardboard, it wasn't a real license plate!

Take care!
Mark  
Mark Houlahan
Brand Manager
Mustang Monthly Magazine

1965 FFR Roadster 427W/TKO-600 5-speed
1966 Mustang 289-4V/C4 Auto
1968 Mustang 4.6L Three-Valve/5R55S Auto
1990 Mustang 306/AOD
2002 Explorer Sport Trac 4.0L V-6/5R55 Auto
2005 F-150 4x2 4.2L V-6/4R70W Auto

67grnhornet
New User
Posted: 05/05/10 05:32 AM

As a heads up.

I tried this on the weekend, Meguier's Mirror Glaze Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner. A toothbrush, a good clean cloth, 6-7 hours and an extremly sore shoulder restored the rear seat back and bench to thier almost original glory. It did a great job and I was able to get the stitching clean as well, originally the thread, I'm sure, was a very light, almost white color and it is again. It smells good, any build up of dirt and oil is all gone, it feels like new, looks like new, wish my shoulder felt like new.

The only question remaining , how do I convince my wife to do the front seats ?

Take care.  

64lainxor
New User
Posted: 07/23/10 09:33 AM

I picked up a copy for something to read on a trip, It was like finding an old friend. I let my subscription end when the merger happened. I'll re-subscribe now.
Thanks,
Doug  

phajaa
New User
Posted: 11/11/14 08:54 PM

Please read it at your convenience and it will explain everything concerning our editorial direction.

aleealiyana
New User
Posted: 08/16/17 02:59 AM

autos have been a piece of my life big for quite a while and I needed to state Thank-you to the general population at Mustangs and Fords and Mustang Monthly, I'm certain there's some huge organization out there that claims them both, Write My Essay that the information the magazine staff has is far more noteworthy than they pay all of you to receive however merit, yet it's simply the intrigue and enthusiasm individuals like having that present to all of us back every month to the news stand.  

peterkevinn1987
New User
Posted: 09/08/17 03:50 AM

I'm such a notable measure of associated with after to take a gander at your blog. Your weblog is particularly ingenious and plenty proceeding for any industry what's more for the person.

Source: Book Report Writing Service.  

johnramsay753
New User
Posted: 10/12/17 12:11 AM

Sina Weibo is not a virus. Looking for ways to remove Sina Weibo? Here are ways to get rid of it  

carl7531
New User
Posted: 10/15/17 09:00 PM

Are you looking for 55 gallon fish tanks? We have prepared a list of some most popular 55 gallon fish tank for you to chose the most suitable tank.  

Franklin747
New User
Posted: 10/28/17 12:14 PM

http://itechrock.com/ is a technology website which gives you updates about Android, Windows and ios App.