• Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

250 6cyl 701/12 falcon engine

blkvulture
New User
Posted: 03/23/11 02:23 PM

I have purchased a 1970 1/2 falcon with 250 engine. I have a built 302 v 8 that will or can go in. My problem after I got the car home I think i would like to make a nice driver out of it. Add power steering and Air, but now i think I want to set up the 250. What can I do to make it run better and look better. What kind of carburetor could i put on it.  

waynep7122
User
Posted: 03/25/11 08:31 AM

fixing up the 250...

probably converting it to  electronic ignition..   with an pertronix ignitior system or a duraspark system from a mid 70s model 250...  

as for a carb...   you might be limited there as barry grant has closed his doors...   they had just come out with a single barrel carb as i recall...  there might be a few in stock...

but the stock ford carbs after a proper refreshment with a carb kit.. and verifying the throttle shaft bore is not worn.. will work great.. and is properly jetted for your motor..

there are several articles spread out through the magazines on the 250 sixes...

power steering pumps. pulleys and brackets can be had from searched out donors in the junk yards...

there are after market  integral power steering boxes for a lot of ford models now..     as that model uses the system with all the hoses, control valve and power piston on the center drag link..

keeping the front tires pumped up.. will make it steer easier..  

waynep7122
User
Posted: 03/25/11 08:34 AM

you might pick up a few ideas from this article..

http://www.mustangandfords.com/techarticles/engine/mufp_0711_turbo_charged_six_cylinder_mustang/index.html