• Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

c6 Transmission build

86stepside
New User
Posted: 12/29/11 10:35 AM

have an 86 f150 stepside, and I am trying to find something to do with the C6 transmission.  Read the article on a c6 but it was setup to go on a big block. I intend to build a 300 inline 6.  I also intend to add an over/under drive from gear vendors.  Will your transmission builds function with this?  

waynep7122
User
Posted: 12/29/11 12:21 PM

there are a bunch of articles on the C 6 transmission articles through the various magazines...

type in C6 into the search window above right..   sorry.. you will have to sort through the corvette c6 articles also...

you also have the option of going to an E4OD.. as they came in econoline vans through 96 with a 300 six infront of them..

you might really want to look at the econoline 300s for their long runner port fuel injected intakes...  and twin exhaust manifolds...

Renderillustration

Renderillustration  

waynep7122
User
Posted: 12/29/11 12:38 PM

i am not trying to complicate your life.. just create a better running truck...

you also have the ability of swapping on a 305 chevy Throttle body fuel injection system off almost any chevy from 85 through 92.. as the ford duraspark distributer creates the same waveform as the gm HEI.. so its almost as direct a bolt on as could be possible..   you would need a 4 barrel intake and a TBI adaptor plate..  along with oxygen sensors in the exhaust system..

there are also self tuning fuel injection systems available now..  

i have been planning a similar swap on my ford van with a 460.. a 454 chevy tbi system..  as the injectors should be just about right..  

waynep7122
User
Posted: 12/29/11 12:43 PM

you might want to check out some of the truck magazines also... there are over a dozen...

here is just one...

http://www.customclassictrucks.com/techarticles/ford/index.html