• Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

69 conv. window's

partimer
New User
Posted: 11/26/11 05:48 PM

Does anyone know or have access to information on the window runs for a 69 convertible Torino? I’m in the middle of a swap to power from manual and believe the windows have been reworked. My problem is the vertical run guides do not match the bolt on “keepers" that are on the window. At the bottom rest back end of window keeper is around the guide the other is out, at the top rest the reverse is true, the opposite keeper is around the guide and the other is out. This is really kicking my a$$, I'm ready to pull what little hair I have left out, any info would be appreciated.  

waynep7122
User
Posted: 11/27/11 05:22 PM

are you using ford parts??? they should all have some kind of ford part or engineering number on it..

you can post a bunch of photos to Photobucket     once saved there..   you can hover the cursor over the photo.. a tool bar will drop down .. click on the 4th link down..

paste that here.. the pictures will show up..  pictures might help...   numbers off the various parts might help someone with a serious ford parts catalog.. i don't have much of anything like that.. but they are available.

one never knows without a ford parts catalog if the power window option uses everything different..  

partimer
New User
Posted: 12/02/11 05:13 PM

They appear to be, they have what look like ford numbers on them. The power kit is aftermarket and look like they will work with slight modification for mounts inside the door. The problem is I have lateral movement in the windows at any position, meaning from inside to outside in the door. It being a convertible there are no run channels for support when the window is at the very top of movement. My guess is the support comes from the rails inside the door and these “u” shaped guides are the support. If this is true then the guides have to run around the rails thru the entire movement of the window. As of now mine don’t and that’s why I have the problem. I think the window was replaced using old mounting items and they set one of the pieces out of spec and needs to have new window with mounts already on or try and take the old mounts off and reset.
I have pictures but could not figure out how to attach to this reply  

waynep7122
User
Posted: 12/03/11 09:39 PM

i make the picture postings in bold above..

here are several articles on window regulators... i saw several in the 40 or so the search found that might help you ..

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/sch/04/window-regulator/-2b/articles/index.html?SearchSource=Group

you might also want to carefully examine this window swap article from page 3 of the search above..

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/howto/mump_0405_how_to_install_1970_door_glass_in_a_1969_mustang/index.html

just to keep things clear... i looked up the side glass for the 69 torino..  it shares with the mercury cyclone and montego convertibles..  and is different than the rest.. .. but that is just the glass..

i might have some glass track parts left over from when i replaced the drivers door on my 70 ranchero..

i did not pay a lot of attention to what kept it from sliding back and forth inside the door..  there is probably a bushing on the guide track..  that is either loose or worn out..  

waynep7122
User
Posted: 12/03/11 09:41 PM

correction.. 69 torino convertible side glass is DIFFERENT than conventional torino side glass..  also different than ranchero side glass...