• Personalized Cover
  • Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

Autolite 1100 Carb

Raulh
New User
Posted: 11/03/12 09:11 AM

Hi,
Is there a difference between a double pumper and a single pumper Autolite 1100 carb for use on an automatic or manual transmission or will both work?  I am trying to get the correct carburetor match for my loatomatic distributor and have read that if you have an Autolite 1100 and a loadomatic distributor you have to have a Spark Control Valve on your Autolite 1100.

Thanks in advance
Raul  

gclark
Administrator
Posted: 11/05/12 07:34 AM

Raul,

The Autolite 1100 is a one-barrel carburetor that uses a Spark Control Valve to control the distributor timing advance. The automatic transmission version includes an anti-stall dashpot on front of the carburetor on the opposite side of the accelerator pump. When the throttle plate is instantly closed the dashpot controls the low idle speed temporarily to prevent the engine from stalling.

You'll want to have the right version for your car.

Hope that helps!  

Raulh
New User
Posted: 11/09/12 10:50 AM

Thanks again.
I have been told that a double pumper that has a spark control valve will work correctly on a automatic taranmission, and have also seen a spark control valve(advertised) on a single pumper for a manual transmission and understand they will work.

Again thanks

Raul