• Back Issues
  • Personalized Cover
  • Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

1967 Mustang Rebuild

iDave
New User
Posted: 10/31/13 11:36 AM

Hi I have been driving my parents 1967 Mustang for some time, and recently bought it from them. I am now 19.

It's in okay shape. I want to completely rebuild it. I have no idea where to start.
Will you guys give me some advice on it?

There is some rust, engine runs ok. Has been rebuilt a bunch of times according to my father. I just bought a new door and put it on, but I was stationed in Germany so I couldn't do much more. One other thing I did was put a fan shroud on it, but it didn't fit correctly. The original was a 2-piece fan shroud and I can't find any.. The new one I bought almost fit, so I jerry rigged it. Tested it out and about 15 minutes later the fan shroud destroyed some of it. This is all I have accomplished so far.

Thanks
-Dave  

wayne712222
New User
Posted: 10/31/13 11:19 PM

Welcome to the forums..

and there is not just one mustang magazine here.. there are 4.. 3 of which and a bunch of other magazines here you will find mustang articles...

mustang monthly

muscle mustangs and fast fords.

you will only find scattered in mustang50magazine as they deal with the fox body and newer mostly..

hot rod.. car craft.. popular hot rodding.

completely rebuild it requires some serious wallet thickness... and some skills..

which motor do you have...

got a digital camera??   start a photobucket account...

click my user name for some links to the other magazines..

from 30 plus years of working on cars.. you will need at least something equal to a 3 car garage... perhaps a 4 car.. so you can jack up your car and take it all apart and be able to lay the parts out so you can work on them without stacking them... and have room to work on the body.. the engine.. transmission.. suspension.. rear end.. the interior..