• Back Issues
  • Personalized Cover
  • Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

18x9's on a 68 coupe

Mark Badgerow
New User
Posted: 02/27/14 04:22 PM

I just got off the phone with Boze alloy and he was a little confused on what would fit best, so my rear axle is from a maverick, so its 2.75" narrower then a stock 68, so that translates into 1 3/8" shorter on each side. I am looking to fit 18x9's he said at 4.25" back spacing I should be fine.... anyone want to chime in on that. Just want a few more voices before I spend this kinda money.18x9's on a 68 coupe-clutch_bg2.jpg I will have no leaf springs, I have a TCP G Bar set up on its way to me. for the front they will be 18x7 with 4.5" back spacing he said.
Clutch Bg  

Mark Badgerow
New User
Posted: 02/27/14 04:22 PM

if you got any info, plasmawurx@live.ca  

wayne712222
New User
Posted: 03/01/14 11:21 AM

measure twice.. buy once..

place masking tape across sidewall of tire to indicate the lower lip of the rear wheel opening..   measure down from the front wheel well opening to the center of the front wheel if the lip of the wheel opening does not come down over the top of the tire..

support car with jack stands under rear axle..   see if the wheel is in the same position.  

you can use something like feathering disc adhesive to glue florist foam blocks to lightly the  blocks to the tire. this allows you to carve and trim the foam till it will just clear the inner wheel wells.. while you rotate the tire.. you might want to add some sand bags or heavy weights to the trunk .. to duplicate hitting a bump..

a friend used that idea.. and actually used a jack to spread his wheel wells slightly on his fairlane to wedge in some i think he went to 15x10 rims in the back

Fairlaneinnerfenderstretch Zps27c25fb9

Fairlanereartireinstaled Zps45878c8c