• Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

68 mustang coyote swap

Ali Alkhoori
New User
Posted: 09/03/14 03:27 AM

Hello
I have a 1968 mustang that I'm planning on a coyote engine swap with the 2011 mustang transmission
my plan is around 450 -500 horsepower I want to drive the car around town and enjoy it nothing crazy Im looking for a daily car and reliability is what I care about
i have the whoie engine kit taken from a mustang 2011 with the transmission but Im wondering if I will have problems installing the transmission and the radiator?

Im planning to install the TCI coil over front suspension which is made specifically to fit the coyote engine that includes the following

• New - RideTech - Single Adjustable Shocks
• Modular or Big Block Engine Mounts Included
• Reinforced square tube cross member specifically designed to be used with Modular and Big Block engines
• Extra long frame reinforcement plates
• 1” High Performance Anti-Roll Bar
• 11” Drilled, Slotted & Zinc Plated Rotors
• New Big Bore Calipers (with 20% more clamping force)
• TCI designed 2” Drop Spindle or Stock Height Spindle
• Steel Inner Fender Panels
• Manual Rack and Pinion Steering
• 1” x .156w U.S. DOM Steel Upper tubular A-arms
• Moog K772 Upper ball joints
• 1 1/8” x .156w U.S. DOM Steel Lower Tubular A-arms
• Moog K719 Lower ball joints
• Greasable Urethane Bushings
• The rotors, spindles and brake units come assembled with bearings packed with hi-temp grease
• All Mounting hardware
• Instruction manualand

Im thinking between the TCI and the rod&custom suspension but after I did my research i read that the TCI is better correct me if Im wrong

the rear suspension

I don't know what should I do with the rear suspension I found the rear axle kit from mustangstofear.com and this is its description

These are complete Plug and Play rear end with a Heidts 4 Link set up already welded on. Custom made stainless steel brake lines and braided brake hoses, complete Wilwood 4 Piston brakes, 31 spline axials, traction lock, and choice of powder coating colors

link :
Mustangs to Fear Mustang Parts Catalog - Select a Year

what do you guys recommend me for the rear suspension ?

I was talking to a hot rod garage who does mustang projects he told me the front suspension and the rear suspension axle is all you need for the project and everything else is rebuildable just add sway bars for the back and a panhard kit

I know I need a brake booster and a master cylinder for the coyote swap it already comes with the TCI front suspension at an additional cost  

priya
Administrator
Posted: 09/09/14 12:07 AM

Icon QuoteAli Alkhoori:
Hello
I have a 1968 mustang that I'm planning on a coyote engine swap with the 2011 mustang transmission
my plan is around 450 -500 horsepower I want to drive the car around town and enjoy it nothing crazy Im looking for a daily car and reliability is what I care about
i have the whoie engine kit taken from a mustang 2011 with the transmission but Im wondering if I will have problems installing the transmission and the radiator?

Im planning to install the TCI coil over front suspension which is made specifically to fit the coyote engine that includes the following

• New - RideTech - Single Adjustable Shocks
• Modular or Big Block Engine Mounts Included
• Reinforced square tube cross member specifically designed to be used with Modular and Big Block engines
• Extra long frame reinforcement plates
• 1” High Performance Anti-Roll Bar
• 11” Drilled, Slotted & Zinc Plated Rotors
• New Big Bore Calipers (with 20% more clamping force)
• TCI designed 2” Drop Spindle or Stock Height Spindle
• Steel Inner Fender Panels
• Manual Rack and Pinion Steering
• 1” x .156w U.S. DOM Steel Upper tubular A-arms
• Moog K772 Upper ball joints
• 1 1/8” x .156w U.S. DOM Steel Lower Tubular A-arms
• Moog K719 Lower ball joints
• Greasable Urethane Bushings
• The rotors, spindles and brake units come assembled with bearings packed with hi-temp grease
• All Mounting hardware
• Instruction manualand

Im thinking between the TCI and the rod&custom suspension but after I did my research i read that the TCI is better correct me if Im wrong

the rear suspension

I don't know what should I do with the rear suspension I found the rear axle kit from mustangstofear.com and this is its description

These are complete Plug and Play rear end with a Heidts 4 Link set up already welded on. Custom made stainless steel brake lines and braided brake hoses, complete Wilwood 4 Piston brakes, 31 spline axials, traction lock, and choice of powder coating colors

link :
Mustangs to Fear Mustang Parts Catalog - Select a Year

what do you guys recommend me for the rear suspension ?

I was talking to a hot rod garage who does mustang projects he told me the front suspension and the rear suspension axle is all you need for the project and everything else is rebuildable just add sway bars for the back and a panhard kit

I know I need a brake booster and a master cylinder for the coyote swap it already comes with the TCI front suspension at an additional cost

NICE  
Priya
priya