• Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

my 99 stang

Wolf99
New User
Posted: 08/19/07 02:56 PM

I just got a used 1999 mustang and it's got quite a few scratches, dents, and worn down spots. What's the easiest way to fix all that so I can get it looking good? I could just take it to an auto body shop but that costs alot of money...  

narshadda
New User
Posted: 08/19/07 05:25 PM

Man, congrats on your car dude. I have answered a few of your posts already and I can tell you are pretty excited.
For small nicks and scratches, get the color code from the car - it is usually on a sticker on either the driver or passenger side door (the part where the lock hits the frame) then haul yourself over to the nearest WALMART and get the paint there. They also have a small touchup kit with some sandpaper and some clay like material - I haven't tried the touchup kit but others have had great success. Again, visit mustangworld.com and see the how to section - there is an article on it.

-Narsh  

Wolf99
New User
Posted: 08/19/07 06:22 PM

cool. thanks. Yeah, i'm really excited. I get to be part of the many proud mustang owners of this age. but..I have to know where to start. I'm kinda new to actual car stuff. I put models together, done the easy stuff on parents cars. etc... but now I get to tinker with my own car!! With school coming up, I need to be ready to show it off.  

narshadda
New User
Posted: 08/20/07 07:13 AM

LOL I remember....
I got my first mustang in 06 and I absolutely love the car.
Either way, with the amount of miles you have, you should start with maintenance such as:
Changing belts, Spark Plugs, Spark Plug Wires, Oils, fluids,clutch, suspension bushings, clean out the Throttle Body etc...
Also check this out for a quick look at Trouble codes: http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/dtcodes.htm
If you get the oil swich code (5284 I think) don't worry about it - it comes on anyway when the car is cold.
After you do the maintenance on the car and you are sure it is working properly then you can start your mods. The most important thing is to set realistic goals. We all want superchargers but we all can't just go and spend 5k on one without getting divorced or going broke.
Shoot me an email and I'll do my best to help out.

Take Care,
Narsh