• Back Issues
  • Personalized Cover
  • Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

Just Bought 03 Mach 1 Looking for Advice

gazgreg
New User
Posted: 05/08/08 12:34 PM

Just Bought a 03 Mach 1 and would like to put a supercharger on it. I would like to go with either a roots style or twin screw and keep the shaker hood. does anybody know of a kit available?  

Muskrat54
User
Posted: 05/08/08 12:59 PM

I would just email Kenne Bell and ask what they could offer you.  Most supercharged application that I have seen them on just rig a bracked for the scoop to be in place with none of the piping.  
Big Thanks to my friends at KR Performance and Restoration out of Nebraska

DVS_86_5liter
New User
Posted: 05/09/08 07:31 AM

look into a procharger i only say this because the procharger runs considerably cooler and you can run more boost. and possibly a header back exhaust system with a set of Magnapacks if you like it raspy and loud.  

Muskrat54
User
Posted: 05/09/08 08:29 AM

True, ATI makes a good supercharger and a front mount centrifugal would allow for more clearance to mount the shaker scoop.  The only draw back is that the 4.6 lacks torque and a screw type helps with street driving more than a centrifugal will.  
Big Thanks to my friends at KR Performance and Restoration out of Nebraska

gazgreg
New User
Posted: 05/09/08 10:27 AM

If I go with a centrifical I would go with the pro charger. But I would prefer a positive displacement, because the low end torque and power curves look to be better than the centrifical that comes on at higher RPM. Thanks, for the advice on K.B. I like them but getting a hold of somebody there is difficult at best. My stock compression is 10.1 to 1. So probably have to change to less comp for any big boost. I'm pretty sure my crank is a forged crank.  

ClarkKent
New User
Posted: 06/03/09 09:01 PM

None of the above, go with a ported stock intake and a turbo in the T66 range.  It'll do ~520-530 rwhp on a bone stock Mach 4V at 9 psi.  Just as safe as an s/c in the 470 rwhp range.  

mymachrocks
New User
Posted: 11/27/10 05:02 PM

I like Kenne Bell also like Procharger.  Sorta think it depends on what you have planned for it.  This has been a debate for myself for a couple years now.  I like road course style of driving running closer to the upper end of the RPM's a Procharger makes more sense to me.  Plus I don't believe I would get the same amount of Heat soak from a Centrifugal supercharger.  Turbos are really the way to go in my opinion for any other style of racing.  That's just me.  Although you can't really go wrong with any of the systems out there.    

Also if you have the 5 speed Mach then the crank is Forged Cobra Crank.  Pistons and rods are pretty much the weak link. Keep boost low and have a safe safe tune.  Then you should be just fine.  

Larry_Warcup
New User
Posted: 05/10/11 10:45 AM

I have a KB 2.1 Twin Screw Intercooled SC on my '03 Mach1...brilliant.
Running 8psi boost making 439 rwhp 400 ft/lbs tq
Very 'driveable' car with power when I need it.
12 sec. in 1/4 mile 117 mph at the track on Friday nites!  
Larry_Warcup

twfreebg
New User
Posted: 12/09/12 04:35 PM

I'm running a turbo at 6 lbs. boost and 450 HP.  Only a street car have not been to track yet  I may next Spring.  Still get 22 MPG.  I'm also thinking of selling it.
Thom
twfreebg@comcast.net  

pepsi1
User
Posted: 12/16/12 08:43 PM

I agree with Muskrat54:

Kenny Belle has his act together. He's been at it awhile. Jack Roush's stuff too expensive. You pay for Roush's name....

Bob