• Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

Engine Swap: 4.6L in a '67 Mustang

ScottB
New User
Posted: 06/03/08 12:59 PM

Does anyone know what it would take to install a 4.6L from an early 1990's Lincoln Town Car in a 1967 Mustang?  Are there any kits available?  

mustangd
New User
Posted: 06/06/08 12:57 AM

Why!!!!  

emmelracing
New User
Posted: 06/25/08 11:28 AM

Im looking to there are plenty of intake swaps out there but i can find anything on ignition  

ponnyboy
New User
Posted: 05/19/10 06:54 PM

i think its holly but i may be wrong , but someone makes a complete kit for a carb. conversion on a 2 valve motor. the only thing is its only for the pi headed motors. 99 and up stangs. and 02 and up craown vics. it comes with intake, wireing , and computer so you have to use the 2 coil setup from the earlier stuff. but it is fairly simple. if its a 4 valve the same co. has a prototype intake for that one also but only for the later tumble port heads on the cobras and i don't know if it is even in prod. yet. check out jegs on line and type in 4.6 2 valve caburator intake. and you'll find it.  

tobynt
New User
Posted: 01/16/11 05:23 PM

Edelbrock Victor Jr 4.6L 2V Carbureted Intake Manifold. They have two kits, one is just the intake and the other has a control module with it so you can run the factory type coil over plugs and injectors with it. pretty sweet little set up.

Below are the part numbers, check with http://www.modularmustangracing.com/ they have cheaper fuel rails for the system instead of buying the Edelbrock. To be honest..I only know people that have fit them on new mustangs with an adapter plate and keeping all of their stock stuff. I haven't read if the system for a true carb setup has the injector bosses plugged or not. hope this helps.

Victor Jr. carbureted manifold for 4.6L Ford SOHC with electronics #2839*
Victor Jr. carbureted manifold for 4.6L Ford SOHC without electronics #2838*
Victor Jr. Ford 4.6L SOHC EFI manifold only #28385*
Fuel rail kit for #28385 #3639*
Timing Control Module #91237*

Carburetor Recommendations: Any size or type of carburetor class allows.
Installation Notes: Recommended intake gasket: OEM factory gaskets. Manifold height: A-4.75", B-4.75" see A/B Measurements. See manifold reference dimensions. Port exit dimensions: 1.42" x 1.72".