• Personalized Cover
  • Subscribe to a Magazine
123 Last
Item Posts    Sort Order

1979-'93 Mustang Performance

spice_weasel
New User
Posted: 10/03/08 08:00 PM

Is there any intention of getting 1979-'93 Mustang Performance as a monthly magazine?  With the merger over at modified mustangs which destroyed the magazine, it's really hard to find a magazine with a lot of fox related articles.  I understand that this issue is a recap of articles, but if it were to be produced as a stand alome magazine,  I'm sure that myself and tens of thousands others will subscribe.
Thank you
Rob  

bottlefed90gt
New User
Posted: 10/04/08 01:45 PM

you people are insane to not publish a fox exclusive magazine monthly. i am sick and tired of opening mm&ff, 5.0, and now modified mustang, and seeing nothing but junk s197 stuff. give us what we want to read, if i read one more arcticle about installing a short throw shifter in some pos s197 im gonna puke.

thanks
-sam  

matador91
New User
Posted: 10/04/08 01:59 PM

I am on of those tens of thousands of people out there in need of a magazine that isn't biased to s197.  If there is a magazine focused on 79-93 mustangs I guarantee you would have more loyal followers than any other magazine.

Thank you
Mike  

jhonda
New User
Posted: 10/04/08 09:41 PM

I would love to have a mustang as dedicated to the foxbody mustang as I am.  There are many other people out there as well....just look at the after market following of the foxbody.  Please deliver and we would love to receive.
Thanks
Jason  

LS1KILLA
New User
Posted: 10/05/08 09:04 AM

I've stopped buying this magazine due to not much Fox body's being showed. There should be a 79-93 Mustang Magazine,and I guarantee you that I will subscribe  

SVTSkip
New User
Posted: 10/05/08 12:15 PM

I started reading MM&FF back in the very beginning before it was even a monthly pub. I could never get enough, and also read 5.0, Super Ford ( and then both after the merger ) , High Tech Ford Performance, and Mustang Monthly. HTFP went the way of the Dodo Bird, Mustang Monthly stopped being interesting for me, and 5.0/SF was rehashing a lot of the same stuff I was already reading here. I've cancelled my subscription to 5.0/SF last year, and am close to doing the same for MM&FF. I'm only interested in Fox stuff, and could pretty much care less about the New Edge and S-197. I dont know enough about the business side of it to say for sure whether it makes sense from a monetary standpoint, but I can say I'd sure be happy with an all Fox magazine. Here's to hoping it can become reality !  

Colink82
New User
Posted: 10/05/08 09:50 PM

I dont read any mustang mags anymore. Everything is all 05+ and there already overplayed. I flip through the mags and see if there is any fox related articles. I have a 5.0 subscribtion which I am not renewing. I would love a fox only mag and will get a 5 year subscription tomorrow if this was a reality.  

glowstang93
New User
Posted: 10/06/08 08:24 AM

I don't buy MM and FF anymore or any other mustang mag because there is so little in them for 79-93 stangs.  I'm agreeing with what everyone else is saying, give us a mag with Fox bodies and you'll get my ***  

WildWillyWalker
New User
Posted: 10/06/08 01:20 PM

Easy enough, I'd subscribe too.  

Steve Baur
Posted: 10/07/08 08:18 AM

Thanks for the great support guys. I suspect that if the sales for this issue is high enough, they'll request us to do further issues, but it may be a while, if ever, before it goes monthly. We might do two to four issues next year if the sales show it's viable.

As for Foxes in MM&FF, i have to say we do quite a bit. Just speaking on behalf of my own contribution to the magazine, i had a story on my '93 Cobra (Project Stolen Goods) in every issue of 2007, and 2008 has offered 9 or so stories on the build up of the Little Juice Coupe ('92 notchback). Mike Galimi and Frank Cicerale have also written numerous Fox-based tech articles and features as well. We're working on an upcoming Fox-based series that includes a pair of four-eyed cars as well.

Keep in mind that for every Fox body fan that wants more coverage, there is a New edge and an S197 guy that wants coverage too. We try to bring all of it every month to keep everyone happy.

Thanks,

Steve  

bottlefed90gt
New User
Posted: 10/09/08 01:48 PM

steve, thanks for your response. i know i will do my part and get the magazine. a fox-exclusive magazine would be awesome, it would even be enough to see some foxes in the yearly calender...

mm&ff is my favorite of the mustang mags, b/c i do like alot of what you guys do, i took notes on stolen goods for my build this year and used your mistakes to pick up a new intake haha.

i really do hope we can get as much fox coverage as possible especially now that a new mustang variant is upon us in 2010. we all know where you guys got your roots, we just hope you all stick to them as closely as we have.

good luck with stolen goods btw.  

willylx
New User
Posted: 10/09/08 03:46 PM

I would love to see a fox mag, even if it was bi monthly. I'd be all for it. I would still buy the other mags to bc eventually I want a newer cobra, but got to show some love for the sexy foxes!!!!  

spice_weasel
New User
Posted: 10/10/08 06:47 AM

Why not start with four and put up a subscription link for a year to gauge interest?  It'd give you a base idea because I'm sure you have an idea on how many magazines are sold retail vs subscription.  I suspect the results may suprise you.  

1991Hatch
New User
Posted: 10/10/08 09:19 AM

I would subscribe in a heart beat. I don't have any current subscriptions do to the fact that not many magazines deal with fox bodies as much anymore. You would have a host of people subscribing as the Fox is alive and well  Grin  

1991Hatch
New User
Posted: 10/10/08 09:23 AM

I think that things need to be different though. Alot of us Fox guys are building cars from junk yard parts, and swapping things from SN95's and the 99-04's. Besides showing us how to bold up a $4k turbo kit, show us what's involved with going the route of the Do it yourselfer. I think thats what we all want. Most of us can't afford the big ticket items and mod these cars in ways others do not. I myself did a 5 lug swap from swap parts i found at my local swap meet. The internet has good writeups, but for the average person, i think these are the type of articles we want to see!!  

123 Last