• Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

1979-'93 Mustang Performance

ustahava67
New User
Posted: 11/23/08 10:36 PM

I allowed my subscription to MM&FF to expire... I just received my last issue. Mainly do to the fact that I have little interest in the Mod Motored cars..... I would be one to check it out.  

copcar
New User
Posted: 11/24/08 06:20 AM

^^^ Same here mine expired a couple of months ago.  Lets get back to basics.  Namely FI/carb conversions, both ways.  Drag strip testing of (insert part here ).  Resto tips and tricks.  Most of us have already owned every mustang ever built and are currrently restoring or converting Fox mustangs due to their simplicity. And if it means reprinting old articles.. Cool! I love the old stuff.  There is a wealth of information many of us have forgotten over the last 18 years.  Give us what we want.  

hsean
New User
Posted: 11/24/08 06:33 AM

you supply i will buy count me in as well  

spice_weasel
New User
Posted: 11/24/08 08:07 AM

BTW MMFF employees, how did the magazine sell?  To everyone else, keep this bumped so it stays on the front page.  Smile  I'm starting to wonder if we have enough people in this thread to start our own e-zine until the powers that be give us what we want to read.  

FrankenStang1980
New User
Posted: 11/24/08 09:26 AM

I would LOVE a Fox only mag. I would definitely subscribe!  

bottlefed90gt
New User
Posted: 11/24/08 03:40 PM

there is already a group of members on foxbody forum talking about starting their own 5.0 exclusive magazine. hopefully it happens so we can all subscribe and they can put primedia out of business.  

mj91gt
New User
Posted: 11/24/08 07:41 PM

I'd subscribe to a Fox only mag in a second.  I realize that with the new cars and the recent explosion of parts for them, they will eat up some of the pages of the current mags, but it seems like the Fox is now being relegated to a token drag race feature car and a tech article or two.  

On top of that, when your a road course guy, there's even less (though big props on project stolen goods) to look forward to.

I feel like I spend 30 minutes reading what I want from the newer mags (mm&FF, 5.0, and Modified)whereas with the 79-93 edition and any of the ones from pre-'05, I would spend a week going cover to cover and re-reading certain articles.  

This comes from a guy who owns a '91 track toy and an '08 GT street toy.  

Mike_Galimi
User
Posted: 11/25/08 10:51 AM

The issue is still on-sale, you can pick it up in the same stores as MM&FF.

We try to make a delicate balance between the generations we cover. Then in addition to that, there has to be room for the latest new gadgets, low-budget and high-budget stuff, and features. It is a tough act to balance and still cater to what everyone's individual needs.

As for Fox body, I think we have had more features lately on some of the coolest fox cars on the street and the track. Tech comes and goes for each genre but we try to insert what is relevant in the marketplace, like S197 and different types of 5.0 stuff, then throw in Two and Four Valve tech.  

monte87
New User
Posted: 11/25/08 12:38 PM

I think there should be an all fox mag.  I love all stangs, BUT-really enjoy articles on what i have, drive and love out of all mustangs, FOXBODY!!!!!  

bottlefed90gt
New User
Posted: 11/30/08 11:18 AM

stolen goods is being sold.  

humbleLX
New User
Posted: 12/03/08 09:42 PM

I for one am a fox guy.  I am on my 5th fox now and your magazine's back issues have helped me shape each and everyone one the way i wanted to.  Lately, well since 05's came out that is, every tom dick and harry seems to drive a S197.  That's alright and all, but a lot are not true 'stang fans.  Some are here because their gm cars were not being produced, some bought mustangs because of the retro-cool flavor, and some are die hard ford guys that wanted the most refined mustang yet to be produced.  I for one am not refined.  Don't get me wrong I have manners but I don't feel comfortable in a "muscle car" that doesn't let you feel the muscle. The fox is the last true muscle car in this sense.  The most aggressive body style by far. A fox body and it's owner are a simple breed.  We love our creaks, rattles, and squeaks. (even with sub-frames and world class suspension lol) We just make em louder and faster to cover all that up.  

Thats why we need our own magazine.  We are different.   Here in Hawaii we have some bad ass foxes, many different kinds for anyone's preference.  Whenever we see another fox on the road, We wave or shaka to acknowledge our fellow keepers of the steed, and I am sure it is the same everywhere else.  

I will subscribe and I will spread the word.

http://www.hawaiiperformancemustangs.com/forum/index.php

FOX FTW  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u41cVXMs2HM
http://www.hawaiiperformancemustangs.com/forum/index.php

Hawaiian5.0
New User
Posted: 12/04/08 12:09 AM

Hell yeah, I'd suscribe!!!  A mag that focuses on the fox would be AWESOME!!!  

sub0ca
New User
Posted: 12/11/08 05:32 PM

This would be the ulitimate Magazine.  I would subscribe immidiately!!!!!I heard about this from an online forum So I would like to put in my vote if I can.. To be totally honest I subscribed to many mustang mags but really was only interested in the fox mustangs.  I cancelled my subsrciption wondering why they dont have the 5.0 that much..As parts are getting harder to find.. would be great to caputre some of these relics! I have a magazine collection since 84.  Please Please Please consider it..Thx  

DaGrizz
New User
Posted: 12/21/08 06:27 PM

Please add my voice as a vote for a Fox Chassis magazine! I had to drop most of my car mag subs because there were so few articles/features on Foxes. I would check out this magazine (if I can find it), and be willing to subscribe if it held true to its promise.  

Strippt88
New User
Posted: 12/22/08 04:02 PM

If you had a Fox magazine, I would have been a subscriber since 1987, when I bought my first. In recent years, I allowed my subscription to lapse, as you only wanted subscription $ from SN95 or S197 owners. My 5.0,  purchased in 1987, and my buying your MM&FF back then, to learn how to make it go, are the reason there is generation to dote on now. Your all welcome, and now, I'll take some respect, please.