• Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

1979-'93 Mustang Performance

Strippt88
New User
Posted: 12/23/08 11:49 AM

Ask Jim Campisano if guy like Gene Deputy, or Mike Murillo own or have built any of the newer cars. They were the pioneers of the 5.0 race movement, along with some 2 and a half million Fox buyers. You remember them, right? We bought the cars, and the magazines, to learn, connect, and inform. I was right there, buying those issues, 20 years ago. Still have the good ones. I still have the "Heads Up!" VHS I bought, and me and all my Fox platform friends at Stangnet and Corral (only 2 or 3 times more people than any other segment of the online Mustang community in those venues) would love for there to be some real attention paid. We'd buy it. And I don't need to know how Ricky Rocketpack spent $30K on a turbo, for a car that'll be driven as often as a coffee table. I'll never use it, don't care. How do you change your carpet, without tearing up your dash? You can do it, and we'll buy it- promise!  

RedFIVEpointOH
New User
Posted: 12/25/08 10:06 PM

Everything has been said i would definitely subscribe  

spice_weasel
New User
Posted: 12/26/08 08:37 AM

Thank you to those who have posted.  The more people that post, the more serious this idea will be taken.  Also, to anyone who hasn't bought the magazine, make sure you purchase it.  Sales volume will show the publishers that this is a viable product.  

spice_weasel
New User
Posted: 01/03/09 09:06 PM

Time for a new magazine guys.  Winter 09 coming soon?  

SFC_R0CK
New User
Posted: 01/03/09 09:33 PM

I currently own 3 fox body mustangs. I used to be a big camaro fan when I was in the Army, but since getting out and returning to the world of muscle cars I choose fox body mustangs, so I have not been around the "same old information" you say most the articles would be. I let my subscription expire because almost every issue is nothing but modular mustang this and modular mustang that which does me no good what so ever. How about comparing all the tuners and chip burning software out there for the fox bodies.  

Jrgunn
New User
Posted: 01/08/09 12:43 AM

I agree, would love to see it.  

Wythors
New User
Posted: 01/12/09 08:15 AM

Current stats:
Corral.net Windsor Tech threads - 141,000, Modular Tech threads - 100,000.
Stangnet.com 5.0 Mustang threads - 122,458, 4.6 Mustang threads - 57,110, 2005-2009 Mustang threads - 16,965.

These are the two largest and oldest Mustang forums on the 'net.  I wonder who buys the most Mustang parts?  

fast50.shannon
New User
Posted: 01/14/09 08:01 AM

To the editors:

You say you have to cater to all the years but thats just it, you don't have too. When Muscle Mustangs first started you didn't show the 60-70 stangs you made a magazine about 79-93. Someone realized that their was a need for a magazine for a specific model mustang that had a huge fan base. That need is being unmet with the current magazine. It doesn't have to be just pushrod power. Lots of people are taking the 94 - 08 parts and retro fitting them on the foxes. You could do almost a years worth of issues just on swapping newer parts over to the foxbody. The point is the foxbody is not dead. Their are lots of exiting new things that are being done with foxes all the time and we want to see them!  

Mike_Galimi
User
Posted: 01/14/09 01:36 PM

Thanks everyone for your continued interest in our Fox-Body special project. It is a neat magazine and one that I think will be done in 2009. We are waiting for final word about proceeding with a new issue.

For the person who said could just do fox stuff in MM&FF, I don't think that is going to happen. The magazine has always been 1979 and Newer, so I would expect that to change. We do have quite a bit of SN95 and S197 readers as well. In fact, that is the reason we decided to do a Fox-body special and a S197 special, to narrow the niche a bit once a year for fans of those types of cars.  

fast50.shannon
New User
Posted: 01/16/09 08:19 AM

Yes their are lots of people who love the SN95 and S197 our point is the fan base for the 79 - 93 is a very large portion of the market if not the largest based on the forum post count on stangnet. The foxbody lovers just like the SN95 and S197 crowd want to see more stories of the cars they drive. Not one or two stories out of 10.

If you guys don't see the market potential of a 79 - 93 mag then someone else will.  

BlueFox90
New User
Posted: 01/16/09 02:53 PM

I hope dedicated Fox magazine is in the works. Where do I fill out the info for the life-time subscription?  

Strippt88
New User
Posted: 01/25/09 04:58 AM

Wow, sure are a LOT of responses to the need for a Fox type of publication. Even quarterly. Seems a whole other generation needs information- and, like ALL the forums, 2 and 3 times as many as all the other views. Huh. Wish I had a publishing company. Lets see... take articles written 20+ years ago(most guys don't have that info MM&FF wrote back then; I do, and I'd still subscribe), stuff a couple a month into a smaller than normal mag, call a couple places that make boatloads selling Fox Resto parts(the first 4 pages of your magazine's usually taken by them, no ad $ there Wink) print, distribute...a big magazine publisher might make a ton of easy cash, and fill a big hole in a lucrative market(at least, the most lucrative market in the Mustang market, for the last 20+ years)and the idea that there are as many S197 guys as Fox old timers is entertaining, at best- how many has Ford sold? Keep telling yourself that, MM&FF, and watch the numbers drop, right next to Mustang sales. Hey, Wythors, how many SN95's sold, and S197's? 2.5 million Fox's, right? MM&FF might like those numbers. Carefully, remove your heads from the sand. We've always been here, spending $ on our hobby-which is why there even IS a Mustang today.  

spice_weasel
New User
Posted: 02/07/09 04:16 PM

Well Mike, any word on when I can go buy the winter edition of 79-93 Mustang performance?  

spice_weasel
New User
Posted: 02/08/09 12:12 PM

Here's an interesting read..
http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1093916  

Brcudaa
New User
Posted: 02/21/09 08:14 AM

It was a great idea to have a mag devoted to fox bodied mustangs. I would love to subscibe to it. Plus, that is my car in the article Tool Time.