• Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

1979-'93 Mustang Performance

spice_weasel
New User
Posted: 05/06/09 08:22 PM

Or maybe the summer edition?  Help me spend my money.  

reddeath89
New User
Posted: 05/16/09 08:44 PM

this is a great mag already! but a 87-93 series would be sick!!  

Steve Baur
Posted: 05/19/09 08:35 AM

I'm impressed that people are keeping this thread alive. We love the Fox Mustang just as much as you all do. Currently there are no plans for a Fox-only edition this year, but that's not to say there won't be. The current economic conditions just aren't there to support special editions, no matter what they are about.

Keep in mind that newsstand sales are just a small part of how a magazine makes money. You also have to sell advertisements to make them profitable, and if you can't do that, it's just about impossible to justify the magazine. The reason advertising is soft is partly because manufacturers want to sell their newest parts, but it's also because they have seen shrinking sales because people are not buying like they were a year or two ago. That's means less money for them to use for advertising.

With that said, we'll be trying to do another Fox edition as soon as we can make it happen. The MM&FF staff likes the idea as much as you do. In the meantime, we hope you check out MM&FF. We're still doing plenty of Fox articles, regardless of  what you see on the various enthusiast sites. In the last three years, i myself have written buildups and tech articles on a 1993 Cobra (project Stolen Goods), a 1992 notch (Little Juiced Coupe), and a '90 notch (project Recession Special). One or more of these have been in just about every issue since 2005, and i can tell you that i've done other non-project-related Fox tech articles, as have other members of our staff. Currently, we have three Fox bodies in house (one a piece), so we haven't lost touch with them. We're just trying to grow the magazine, and cater to all late model enthusiasts.

Thanks,

Steve Baur
Senior Tech Editor
MM&FF  

Blue89LX
New User
Posted: 05/23/09 10:23 AM

I agree that there is not enough fox stuff in the new mags.I just got an 89 lx after being out of stangs for a few years.So I just went and dug all my old mags late 90's to early 2000's out of the garage.Lots of reading material untill we get a fox only mag.  
89 LX Bone stock for now.76000 org.miles.

spice_weasel
New User
Posted: 09/02/09 08:30 PM

Staff, any updates on when you will be putting out one of these editions for this year?  

Strippt88
New User
Posted: 10/12/09 11:09 AM

Well, I must congratulate MM&FF for reading, and listening to what so many of us have said. I just picked up the Nov issue, and am pleased, thrilled, and now hopeful. Fox's are represented, built for driving, and useful tech(I love the interior tearout, great info. I need to scrounge the back issues for this cars builup from thew start. While not a Fox only thing, its better than I've seen in quite a while. If next months, and the month after look like this, I might just use the little subscription cards as more that a bookmark. Thanks, gentlemen, really, and keep it coming!  

spice_weasel
New User
Posted: 10/20/09 05:35 AM

Looks like it may be time to head to Barnes and Noble and pick up the november issue.  FWIW, when advertising is mentioned, 5.0 resto occupies the first 5-6 pages of most mustang magazines.  I suspect they wouldn't have a problem with being in a fox only magazine.  Also, when the first magazine was produced, it had it's fair share of ads.  Have you guys proposed running this magazine on a quarterly basis to your advertisers and see what they think?  

Strippt88
New User
Posted: 10/31/09 11:09 AM

Laugh There it is again, I picked up the Dec issue, more Fox stuff than I expected, great tech on the interior, new product info on the Edelbrock heads, the 347 motor stuff, and those 2 blue notches(specially the Regatta one, wow), this trend keeps up, and I'm in danger of subscribing again, for the first time in 10 years! Thanks, gentlemen, great issue-again!  

Strippt88
New User
Posted: 02/06/10 01:30 PM

There it is, 6 months in a row with great coverage of the reason there is a Mustang, the Fox. Cars I might see on the street, helpful useful tech, real pricetag tweaks on real Fox's(I love the new Capri dialup you guys are going to do). I now spend more than I should buying your magazine at Walgreens and will be subscribing for the first time in 10 years. Thank you for listening, and being the only one that has this sort of actual 5.0 coverage. As long as you do, I'll be here buying! Laugh  

dbentesr
New User
Posted: 12/01/12 01:10 PM

I absolutely love the 1979-93 Mustang Performance "periodical". My problem is that finding it in my area is a hit and miss proposition. Like many others, I have a fox body and love it... yet for all the articles in MM&FF that have a fox in them, there are too many others for the newer mustangs. It is as bad as Truckin' (and similar magazines) and Chevrolets versus Fords... it is like a 10:1 ratio.  Mad  

I know many fox enthusiasts that would drop the cost of a subscription in a heartbeat for a magazine dedicated to their little Mustangs.  Wink

I would include in such a magazine articles and segments dedicated to ALL versions of the fox body community. That means from the little engine that could (2.3l) to 5.0l and full blown custom engines for all purposes... and how-to articles for small improvements (like posts from the various Mustang enthusiast forums showing simple mods to get a little extra "Ooompf" out of your stocker!)  Shocked  

Kalob Smith
New User
Posted: 11/13/13 08:01 AM

I would buy this every month!