• Back Issues
  • Personalized Cover
  • Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

Seat Back Recline Lever

kart45
New User
Posted: 12/04/08 01:07 PM

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum obviously...
Got my wife an `06 GT over the summer and have been loving it (well she has, I just keep my set of keys in a frame in hopes that one day I might get to drive Cool )
Anyways, during the process of loading our son's carseat in the back we managed to break the knob off of the recline lever on the back of the drivers seat. I've been searching for the last week for either A)a billet aftermarket replacement or B)an OEM replacement. I've found boatloads of the lever located on the side of the seat, but no luck for the one on the back. I'm not in a huge hurry to go visit my local dealer...
Anybody have any direction?
I apologize if this has been brought up in a previous post (if so could you direct me there... Crazy )

Thanks!
Joe  

dmc06gt
New User
Posted: 12/06/08 08:35 PM

I have broke the passenger's side seat and the driver's side seat leavers, and with the warrenty, they were replaced. ( $40 bucks if you have to buy) I would suggests aftermarket. But my replacements have not broke, yet. Hope this helps, Dennis  

ryuch2000
New User
Posted: 12/30/08 04:06 PM

How did you manage them to pay for it, the same thing happen to me, the warranty is still active on my 07 mustang but they don't want to cover that...

Can you give me any advice on how to do this?

Thanks

Diego  

dmc06gt
New User
Posted: 01/06/09 09:01 PM

I took the broken piece into the service desk, and told them my car was still under warrenty. They messed around on the computer for a minute, then said ok. I went to the parts counter, picked up the new one, came back to service and they had to install it for me. They said that was the way it worked. I would say if one dealer does not want to warrenty it, try another. At $40 bucks a pop or so, it was worth it. Hope this helps, Dennis  

jaker_02
New User
Posted: 01/10/09 08:20 PM

I also had the same problem with the passenger side lever. I even tried jb weld to repair the part, which lasted about two seconds. I got lucky and found the actual OEM part at the following website for $29.95, Hope this helps. http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/iwwida.pvx?;item?item_no=LRS-62762A%20%20%20%20%201&comp=LRS  

QtrMilePony
New User
Posted: 04/15/09 03:30 PM

http://www.americanmuscle.com/seatrelease-covers-0509.html chrome set of two 49.95