• Print Subscriptions
  • Digital Subscriptions
  • Gift Subscriptions
  • Subscriber Services
  • Back Issues
  • Personalized Cover
  • Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

will stang gt parts fit my 96 Thunderbird 4.6?

robbellipanni
New User
Posted: 07/21/09 07:28 PM

I'm getting a 96 Thunderbird LX 4.6 this weekend and i'm looking for performance upgrades already, but cant find much. Does anybody know if Mustang or Cobra Performance parts, such as intakes, cam kits, ignitions, anything fit the T-Bird? Or does anyone know any websites or mags that deal with more thunderbird "stuff".  Confused  

stang06girl
New User
Posted: 07/21/09 11:06 PM

I had a midnight blue 96 LX Sport with a 4.6, Magnaflows, Xenon ground effects, chrome wheels and performance tires installed by the dealer.  I loved that car, put 260,000 miles on it, never gave me a problem.  Cobra parts are 4v, so unless you do a complete valvetrain / computer swap, it would be expensive.  I would think quite a bit of the 2v Mustang GT stuff would fit. A KB of centrifigal sc would be sweet!  

robbellipanni
New User
Posted: 07/26/09 05:45 PM

Alright, so i got the car and like i somewhat expected, it's alot more wrong with it than the j. a. told me about, anywho, i'm keepin an open mind and looking forward to gettin it right. It has a miss that i've almost tracked down, i know my #4 injector isn't hitting at all, it's getting power but not working, and i'm also getting a cam position sensor trouble code. I'm not sure exactly where i find that to check it or replace it. any help? oh, also, my maf sensor is obviously messed up. it throws a code hooked up and won't hardly run, but when i unhook it, it runs better. still missing tho.. help help help.. any info.??  

JETBLK98gt
User
Posted: 08/22/09 06:00 PM

http://supercoupeperformance.com//Default.aspx

here is the best place for all cougar t-bird and mark viii  
ON THE GAS TILL YOU SEE GOD THEN BRAKE!!!

Berth
New User
Posted: 09/25/09 01:16 PM

Website about Mn-12 T-bird? check out  http://www.tccoa.com  there will you find a huge information about your car  

thelonebird
New User
Posted: 11/04/09 10:18 PM

THE 99 COBRA HAS THE SAME 28 SPLINE AXLES AS THE TBIRD, JUST ABOUT ALL MUSTANG 4.6 PARTS OR MODS WORK ON THE 4.6 TBIRD.  GO TO SUPERCOUPEPERFORMANCE.COM BILL OVER THERE CAN FIND YOU ANY THING YOU WOULD OR WILL NEED IF YOU CAN THINK OF IT HE HAS IT. A GOOD SITE. JBA HAS SMOG LEGAL SHORTY HEADERS, AJE RACING A TUBALR KMEMBER FOR THE TBIRD GRIFFIN RADIATOR HAS DOUBLE ROW ALLUMINUM RADIATIORS I ALSO FOUND AT SUPERCOUPE SITE THAT HE HAS A PLACE THAT MAKES COBRA RISE HOODS WITH VENTS FOR THE TBIRD. WRITE ME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS  

creekrunner
New User
Posted: 08/08/10 06:21 PM

I just got a 96 LX yesterday and it was doing the same thing.I replaced spark plugs
fuel filter o2 sensor and it still wasn't running right.then I unplugged the mass air flow and it started running right.SO I got a new one and that took care of the problem now it runs awsome.