• Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

Stage 3 questions

08blackgt
New User
Posted: 12/22/09 01:31 PM

I recently just picked up a stage 3 all black grey and chrome. It's an 08 with 1560 as of purchase and I got about 400 on it before storage. My question is this. Are these engines mostly stock? Bottom end and what about the top besides the obvious. I would like to get a bit more out of the engine but not sure how far I can go and keep the longevity factor. Any suggestions on best and and any help full things to do. Stinks these things are so limited in production. Hardly any posts about these I guess.  

HAYES1
New User
Posted: 12/25/09 02:03 PM

Hello!! To whom it may concern: The bootm end of the ROUSH 3 Mustang is a STOCK  GT
4.6 three valve engine. the MAXIUM HP that these can take is around 500Hp.
I have 2006 Roush 3 with only 4,550 miles . The orginal owner has change the pulley system for about 10hp. I plan to change to headers ,cold air system and SCT tuner. All bolt on HP items , it should give the 415hp to around 475 to 490 hp close enough!!  I hope this information helps Roush owners.  

08blackgt
New User
Posted: 01/04/10 09:15 AM

I was reading that the 3's have 430hp. And isn't 490 pushing the longevity of the engine? Also I would like to get a tuner but not sure were to set every thing. I am a bolt on kind of guy and can do most if not all of the wrenching but it's the computers and the settings that screw with me. Such as what is a good rpm to reset the rev limiter witch comes on to quick. Things like that. Fuel timing etc. Really wish mmff would do some coverage on these cars.