• Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

Need Help Installing New Aftermarket Head Unit and Subs With Amp!

99supercharged
New User
Posted: 04/03/10 01:57 PM

Ive Got a 1999 Mustang Gt with the Mach 420 Sound System and would like to install the Dual Xdvd9101 head unit. I also have Terminator mtx 12' subs with an amp to install. The wiring seems tricky and i was wondering if anybody could give me any tips or guides? Or if i should go get it done at Geek Squad but your never sure how much they can charge you there. Any help would be appreciated especially if somebody has done this before thanks!  

19mustang90
New User
Posted: 04/04/10 12:15 PM

i just got my sound system (2 12's 1 amp) hooked up at best buy by geek squad for 70 bucks. they got it done quick too. if i were you id go to geek squad unless you know what your doin but if you dont really know what your doing its tricky thats why i took it 2 best buy. thats me tho you mite not wanna spend that much  

murph525
New User
Posted: 04/05/10 06:13 PM

i find its pretty straight foward install except that since i had the mach 460 sound system i needed ann extra harness toomake the factory amps work wit the new headunit  

foristjohnson
New User
Posted: 04/25/11 04:29 AM

I have the "Shaker500" in my GT, I'm adding a 10" Sub with an AMP, but I'm hooking 4 new speekers inside car to the stock Radio/Shaker system, seems like a pretty good system, in the event that I do not like the outcome,then I can just have the shop hook up an additional AMP (Soundstream Rubicon) later.  I brought the Shelby GT "Kicker" speakers for the Front and Rear of the car, gonna see what they sound like this week.  I agree with the others, let the geek's do it.  
2007 Mustang GT
     "KATO"

foristjohnson
New User
Posted: 06/17/11 06:05 AM

Grin I'm surprised that there is NO new or Updated Post to this Post, And sorry it took so long to reply back, kinda forgot about this entry, been looking at other areas here, Anyway I got the System (stuff) installed inside and everything is great, Sub is excellant and Shelby Speakers are outstanding.  Only hooked up one Amp, on the Sub only, Have not desided if going to hook up second Amp.  
2007 Mustang GT
     "KATO"