• Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

paint?

NY97stang
New User
Posted: 04/10/04 08:37 AM

Thank you for the input and the pics. I really like what you are doing with your car. When I finish my car I will post pics of mine. It's just going to be a while.  

mach1bydaryl
New User
Posted: 04/20/04 08:32 PM

First of all, Thankyou for joining the military. Second once you decide on a color, Consider Lectrafinish www.lectrafinish.com  You may like it or not But I think it looks great.  Not on the entire car but maybe is racing stripes or flames.  Anyway check it out.   

NY97stang
New User
Posted: 04/23/04 11:22 PM

Thank you for web site. I will definitely look into it. As for as the military thing, it's no big deal.  

V8grl
New User
Posted: 07/26/07 05:01 PM

Hello, My friend Simon Evans at www.paintbysimon.com did my car and has been of lots of TV shows. He was on with Chip Foose also (his friend). You can check out his web site or check out my ride on the www.rodsandwheels.com (V8grl). He does beautiful work and travels all over the US.  

mains835
New User
Posted: 01/04/08 03:28 PM

If your body shop has a mixing bank in their shop then they will be able to mix a totally custom blue for you with different pearls and flakes depending on what you want. Also their paint supplier will definately have a mixing bank and would probably mix a one off color for your ride.  

ED79STANG
New User
Posted: 11/18/09 07:30 AM

HI, THANKS FOR BEING ONE OF OUR BOYS OVERSEAS. I SALUTE YOU.
IT WOULD BE NICE IF YOU CAN LOOK AT A COLOR CHART BOOK THAT PPG, DUPONT, BASF
SUPPLY. BUT SINCE ACCESS IS KIND OFF DIFFICULT GET YOUR PAINTER TO SEND YOU IDEAS.
ON MY 79 LX I HAVE PAINTED IT 3 TIMES. THE LAST ONE I TRICKED OUT A STANDARD
DODGE GREEN METALLIC BY USEING  PPG COLOR BLENDER [ A CLEAR BASE ] TO CANDY OUT THE COLOR BY REDUCING THE PIGMENT . IT SUSPENDED THE METALLIC MORE AND GAVE IT DEPTH
LIKE YOU COULD PUT YOUR HAND THROUGH IT. COOL1 JUST REMEMBER TO WRITE DOWN THE FORMULAS, SO GOD FORBID IT GETS HURT YOU CAN REPEAT THE PROCCESS.
HAVE FUN