Ad Radar
  • Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

best exhaust system for 03 gt

liteitup80
New User
Posted: 08/17/03 07:28 PM

whats up everyone? I bought a 03 gt and its my first mustang, but the thing is i dont know to much about it so i need some help. For my fist after market job i was thinking of working on the exhaust and headders. i am thinking of going with Mac long tube headders, with a Mac x-pipe, and a Mac cat back system. i just want to know if this will be the best setup for my car and for performance, also around how much hp will this give me? thank u for your help.  

KoolGT
New User
Posted: 08/18/03 04:48 PM

With those modifications you are probably looking to increase 15hp maybe even 20hp to bringyour total to 275hp-280hp for yor GT  

douglas6915
New User
Posted: 08/18/03 05:59 PM

MY UNCLE HAS 02 GT AND HE WENT WITH BASSANI XPIPE FLOWMASTER MUFFLERS AND FRPPSHORTY HEADERS AND IT SOUNDS SO FREAKEN SWEET AND PERFORMS A LITTLE BETTER HE ALSO ADDED K&N FILTER ANDBK COLD AIR KIT WITHWITH 75MM MASS AIR METER AND T-BODY AND THAT REALLY MADE IT COME ALIVE SO IF I WAZ U I WOULD GO THE INDUCTION AND EXHAUST ROUTE FRIST BEFORE ANY INTAKE OR INTERNAL MODS  

HerStang90GT
New User
Posted: 08/21/03 08:29 AM

i just had a bassani x-pipe put on my boyfriends "03" gt yesterday     (08-20-03) and it sounds awesome. to make it vibrate the ground and rattle some windows were thinking about adding flowmasters or american thunder exhaust to it...bassani gave the car some hellacious take off!!!

ZMANGT
New User
Posted: 08/21/03 09:01 AM

I have on 02 GT Convertible. Installed  Bassanni Cats, X-Pipe and the cat-backs. Also put on a BBK cold air system with a K & N.

NOTICEABLE INCREASE IN POWER !!  Sounds sweet, very low "rumblely" tone.  Car really sounds neat when winding out gears full or partial thottle. Defenitely a "head turner". I'm very pleased and would reccomend. Bassanni is expensive but if fit like a glove and is stainless which will last a life time. You get what you pay for. Shop around on the net, lots of variations on price. I picked mine up from Houston Performance 281-893-6080., spoke to Steve. (they are very competitive on pricing)

Good Luck !!!

Z-Man

holland88gt
New User
Posted: 08/21/03 06:00 PM

personaly from what ive seen mac products have poor quality . my friend had a set of mac long tube headers that didnt fit right and rubbed his steering shaft and wore a spot into the header and also made it hard to steer bassanni or bbk products   

Boostang
New User
Posted: 08/21/03 07:08 PM

Hey start with hedders ford raceing ,then Bassani x pipe with cats,and Bassani sreet thunder cat back mufflers and tips. and then 4:10 gears .

this is a few mods I am running on my daily driver  1998 GT 

Its the best money you can spend to snap it in to HIGH GEAR!!!!!!!!!!

Boostang

Boostang
New User
Posted: 08/21/03 07:15 PM

Hey start with hedders ford raceing ,then Bassani x pipe with cats,and Bassani sreet thunder cat back mufflers and tips. and then 4:10 gears .

this is a few mods I am running on my daily driver  1998 GT 

Its the best money you can spend to snap it in to HIGH GEAR!!!!!!!!!!

Boostang