123 Last
Item Posts    Sort Order

Why MOD a V6 Mustang??? Part 2

CopCoupe
Enthusiast
Posted: 11/13/03 10:49 AM

Just felt the need to start a new thread Smile  Why V6's fall flat:

1)  Missing 2 holes.

2)  Aftermarket parts are more expensive.

3)  Resale is less rewarding.  Collector's item....think not.

4)  Still, it's a V6 and I'm no one's b*tch.

5)  Equal dollar spent, V8's yield more power.

6)  Everyone with a V8 laughs at you.  (This is a big one.)

7)  If you want to be different, put a small block in a Yugo.

8)  You impress the clueless people on the road because you drive a "Stang".  (These people only know how to put gas in a car.)

9)  The single 2" pipe almost always gives you away.  (Your girlfriend complains about this tooWink

10)  Ford made this car just for you, and they're laughin' all the way to the bank!!

Ps- The V8 guys are laughing as well!

Edited 11/13/2003 12:52:14 PM ET by CopCoupe  

FRSTFORD
New User
Posted: 11/13/03 02:57 PM

CRUEL, BUT ALL VERY TRUE. I HAVE A 96 AUTO GT AND HAVE HAD V-6 TRY AND RACE ME OUT ON THE EXPRESSWAY AND ALL THEY SEE IS THE REAR END.  

Pro50Driver1993
User
Posted: 11/13/03 06:21 PM

If i had to choose i would take a v6 over rice rocket(rocket my a$$) but if i had to choose over a v6 or transam i would take the transam, just to show u 6ers how much better a v8 is, then after i proved my point with the transam i'd sell it and buy a v8 stang  

txstang
New User
Posted: 11/14/03 11:05 AM

SEEMS LIKE ITS ALL ON ONE HERE GUYS..TELL U THE TRUTH I HAVE A 90LX HO 5SPEED I BLEW THE TRANNY DAM I LOVE THAT CAR SPECIALY WHEN YOUR IN FIRST GEAR CRUZING ABOUT 3OOORPMS AND PUT IT TO THE FLOOR AND YOUR HEAD PLANTED TO THE SEAT HIT SECOND SAME THING U GET WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT OR KNOW WHAT I MEAN..I WASNT TALKING OUT MY BUTT ON THE ORGINAL WHY MODV6 SADLEY WE AINT GOT IT NO MORE INSTEAD WE OWN A 2003 DODGE PICKUP.I HAD GEARS IN IT THE AIR FILTER EXHUAST GRANTED I GOT OUT RUN  BUT I ALSO WON SOME.IF U LOOK I NEVER SAID V6 WOULD MAKE MORE POWER OR TORQUE I DONT WHAT TO SAY BUT YALL HAVE YOUR OPIONS I RACE ALL THE TIME WELL EVERY CHANCE I GET IM JUST GOING OFF THE FACTS I HAVE SEEN ..BUT U KNOW SOME PEOPLE HAVE TO WORK FOR A LIVING AND CANT AFFORD TO BUY THESE SUPERCHARGED MUSTANGS AND LIGHTINGS AND ALL THE FAST CARS RIGHT OFF THE BAT SO WE HAVE TO START AT THE BOTTOM AND WORK ARE WAY UP..AND ITS FUN TO MOD A V6 JUST LIKE IT IS A V8...SO THATS WHY I LIKE TO MOD V6  

CopCoupe
Enthusiast
Posted: 11/14/03 02:02 PM

The whole "afford" thing is bs.  I see people driving around in modified 6's all up and down the spectrum of years, '94-'03.  The price tag on a '99 3.8 Stang is greater than a clean '89 5liter.  And if they can't afford to spent a little extra for an 8, how's it they can afford to seriously mod a 6 to make it even worthy.

If I had only $2500 to buy a car, I'd get the most car for my money.  (Domestic of course).  Albeit, it's damn hard to find a good V8 Stang for this amount of cash, so I might cross the line and pick up an early seventies Camaro or Nova.  Whatever.  The point is, if you're going to buy a "Musclecar", at least get the best accelerating car you can for your budget.

A young friend of mine just picked up a clean '90 Stang with the 2.3 in it.  At least the kid is bright enough to just leave the damn thing stock and drive it until he assembles all the necessary parts to convert it into a stump pulling non-emissions small block car.  Simple.  He coulded affort the 4-6 g's for a five-oh car, so he'll wait.  Good.  Now I can respect this guy.  And when it's all said and done, his car will most likely put the spank on mine.  I don't care, at least he won't be wasting his dough trying to put the hurt on me with the g.d. 2.3 liter.   

FLV6Cobra
New User
Posted: 11/14/03 02:18 PM

All of you guys need to stop talking about why mod a V6. The real question is Why mod any 2-Valve Mustang, unless it is a classic. By classic I dont my 1981 POS that barely starts. Any mustang that is not a 4 Vavle is just a waste of time and money to put anything in it. The resale value is less, aftermarket parts are crap that cost money. So stop crying about V6 mods because it is the same as moding a 2 Valve V8.

CopCoupe
Enthusiast
Posted: 11/14/03 02:31 PM

Why don't you pick up the latest issue of MMFF and look at the bad-azz Fox coupe that took Street Outlaw bragging rights home with him.  He broke the 200mph mark (new record) on a seven second pass!!  And that b*itch was runnin' only 2 valves......hmmm?

True, the 4.6L 4 valve Cobra's are better than the 2 valve GT's, but come on man.  There are thousands of 2 valve cars we'd all love to own.

Ps - Are the Top-Fueler's runnin' 2 or 4 valves?

Edited 11/14/2003 4:33:23 PM ET by CopCoupe  

txstang
New User
Posted: 11/14/03 04:05 PM

WHAT ARE WE MODING A MUSTANG ..IS THAT OFFBREED CAR NO...IT AINT DAM CAMRO OR A NISSAN Z .OR FIREBIRD IS IT....U KNOW IVE GOTTEN MORE RESPECT WITH THAT 2000 3.8 V6..U TELL ME A V6 CAN BEAT YOUR MUSTANG..WHY MOD A V8  

Pro50Driver1993
User
Posted: 11/14/03 04:20 PM

I said if i had to choose between a v6 or a transam i would take the trans am , i didnt say if i had the money.In a way i am discouraging people who want to buy v6 mustangs, but if they are a true mustang fan they wont go for an import, they'll go for a v8

Pro50Driver1993
User
Posted: 11/14/03 07:16 PM

I know what your saying about how everyone cant afford a v8, but if somebody buys a semi-new v6( like say from '99' on, why dont they buy a earlier model v6 like, a 94-97, they could save more money) they wont, they'll want the newer model... All i am saying is if you have a v6 just as a temporary, thats  good because it is just temporary. Its just v6s have to learn their place when it comes to v8s, they have to admit that v8s are stronger, faster, and higher up on the popularity of people today.  

123 Last