• Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

INTERIOR... SEATS TO BE EXACT???

Pro50Driver1993
User
Posted: 04/18/04 05:31 PM

I have a 1993 GT. My cousin owned the car last and he is a big guy so the drivers seat is about 1-2'' lower than the passenger seat. I was wondering if the was any way it could be fixed by bolting something underneath the seat or do i need a new seat??? If i do, do the seats from 87-93 GT's/LX's fit??? Also does anyone know of a place in massachusetts where i could get a seat and or other interior products(even if its a junkyard). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

CopCoupe
Enthusiast
Posted: 04/19/04 12:55 PM

'87-'93 GT's usually have high-back buckets with the over-sized heatrest and most LX's have low-back with smaller headrests (better looking in my opinion.  All have the same mounting points, just four bolts and an electrical plug if they're power seats.  

Pro50Driver1993
User
Posted: 04/19/04 05:36 PM

Thanks for the clearing that up. do you know of any places or companies that would carry a drivers side seat???

CopCoupe
Enthusiast
Posted: 04/20/04 10:58 AM

Try looking in one of your MMFF mags in the back and find the ad index for the page that will have the advertisement from Dave's Mustang Parts. Then call them to see what they have left.

Or try : www.50resto.com

Or try your local wrecking yard for a Stang with the same interior as yours.

Pro50Driver1993
User
Posted: 04/20/04 01:48 PM

I just started calling different junyards to see if they have any but so far no luck. I checked 50resto and they didnt have anything. However will check Daves. Also, do you know where i can can find a purple trim that goes around the the whole car and "mustang gt" on the ground effects and on the rear bumper. i checked 50 resto and they only had blue, red, gold, and silver. My cousin didnt like the purple and peeled it off. i like it cuz the car is black and the the purple goes with it. If i cant find it i will have an air brush guy paint it in. Any help will HELP alot, thanks.

mach1bydaryl
New User
Posted: 04/20/04 08:12 PM

Another option is to find an aupolstery (not sure if that is spelled right) shop and see if they can refoam and appulster the seats.  This will make the seats set like they are supposed to.  If you can not find a shop.  Try your local car dealership and ask who does the interior repair on their cars.  The body Shop is the best place to start but if their prices seem too high, then come back later and ask a salesman.  They normally have all the good hookups in town.   

Pro50Driver1993
User
Posted: 04/23/04 09:55 AM

To tell ya the truth, i havent really taken a good look at the seat to see if it is the seat itself or the material inside the seat. me and my dad have been focused on the body, fix cracked bumpers and bondo-ing little dings. I do think it is the seat and i cant find any junkyards with mustangs(in general), so i think i might have it sent out and rebuilt.  

New User
Posted: 09/07/09 02:11 PM

What color are the seats, i have a matched set of 88 G.T. seats i will sell as a pair, they are gray.I live in the Southern tier of N.Y.zip 14801  I have pictures. Drivers seat has 2 small sewn tears, pass seat is Excellent. No cushion loss, like from factory. E-mail me  dzcook@live.com. If you reply i can send pics.  $250.00 plus shipping or you can pick up. 607-359-2051 if you need any add info thanks  

GoogsJr
New User
Posted: 09/17/09 08:14 PM

hey i live in southern nh (salem to be exact) im from peabody mass. give me a call at 724-987-3032. i have a couple sets of seats. my names nelson