• Personalized Cover
  • Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

Stock Muffler Question Help!

MizzouStang5
New User
Posted: 12/10/10 05:30 PM

Hey all,

I am new to the forums. This past September, I bought myself a 2007 jet black mustang GT. I am absolutely in looovvee! haha. Anyway, I am looking to upgrade my exhaust mufflers. I have a local muffler shop here who will weld them on cheap, but I am unsure of the size?

I have decided on the Flowmaster Super 44 series. My only question is...what size do I need? Will the 2.5 inch inlet/outlet work? Also, what type of offset on the muffler? Thanks all!  

liam71
New User
Posted: 01/22/11 06:42 AM

Hi! Welcome to the forum.Its so glad to meet you.and congrats for the new purchase.do post some pics of it.

Mustang Headlights  

dragrace4fun
New User
Posted: 03/17/11 09:27 AM

2.5" in/out...both sides of each will be offset, but not on the same side. Google/Yahoo images of stock mufflers for an 05 Mustang and you'll see for yourself. Dependant on where/how you purchase the mufflers, you can get the axle-back kits for about the same as having them welded/installed by a shop, unless you have someone doing it VERY cheap and you know they stand by their work. If you buy an axle-back kit, it's a simple bolt-on you don't even need the car jacked/lifted for. Also, the shorter the length of the muffler, the more aggressive/louder it will tend to be. Enjoy!  
2006 Mustang GT
"SLVR LTNG"

foristjohnson
New User
Posted: 04/19/11 06:42 AM

I have the same 2007 BLK. GT.  I got a Magnaflow system, offroad X-pipe all the way back, 3 inch system.  I love it it sounds incredible.  The offroad X-pipe has no CATS.  
2007 Mustang GT
     "KATO"

foristjohnson
New User
Posted: 06/03/11 06:14 AM

Confused Which one did you finally go with??  
2007 Mustang GT
     "KATO"

flexmiller
New User
Posted: 07/19/13 06:02 PM

Nice car. I have the FRPP M-5230S mufflers ( came with the Power Upgrade pkg ) which are from the 2008 GT500 KR and these sound amazing but they are not cheap. The Flowmasters should be a nice addition - try calling Ford Racing Performance Parts line at 1-800-367-3788. good luck & enjoy. Grin