• Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

plastic fuel lines

turbogt
New User
Posted: 05/23/12 10:46 AM

I own an 83 gt turbo which my son and I are going to restore. Is there a source that sells metal or braided lines to replace that sorry plastic fuel line?
Thanks turbogt  

waynep71222
User
Posted: 05/23/12 03:03 PM

the restoration is going to be OFF without the plastic fuel lines..

you can install rigid steel fuel lines...   most parts stores stock rolls of proper steel brake and fuel line...   it a bend and flair it yourself sort of installation..

there are several prebent tubing manufacturers listed in the magazine..  i have not researched the if they have the fuel lines for that model..

there are also lots of places that will create the braided stainless hose assemblies.. they probably won't tuck into the same area of the chassis that the plastic versions do..

just be sure that were ever you route any hoses or rigid lines.. that they are NOT  in an area where they will be crushed or damaged by errant placement of floor jacks or jack stands.. and that they won't drag on the ground during driveway high center attempts..  

turbogt
New User
Posted: 06/01/12 08:08 AM

This is a fuelie 2.3 with the quick connect fuel system, finding the proper end fittings has been an issue. We are also looking for the front one piece nose.This car has from what I have read  a rare fog light option?. Also looking for the body side moulding with the red pin strip for the '83 and for my '82 gt. Yes I like the 4 eyed fox. I've had the '82 for almost 28 years and the '83 for 11 years.  Thanks Turbogt  

waynep71222
User
Posted: 06/01/12 12:50 PM

you have a few options...

http://dormanproducts.com/gsearch.aspx?type=keyword&q=fuel+line+connectors

what you need might be on the many pages..  and with the proper part number you should be able to get them through local parts stores..

you may also want to check with after market braided hose suppliers..  they will also have them

you can also.. either remove the nylon hose .. and swap to fuel injection rubber fuel hose..

fuel injection rated rubber fuel injection hose will have SAE 30R9 printed on it.. good for around 200 psi..

conventional fuel hose is labeled  SAE 30R7 and is only good for 50 PSI.