• Print Subscriptions
  • Digital Subscriptions
  • Gift Subscriptions
  • Subscriber Services
  • Back Issues
  • Personalized Cover
  • Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

Ford T5 tail shaft bushing removal tool.

Whitneyd
New User
Posted: 10/30/12 12:40 PM

Hello, I need to find the Ford T5 tail shaft bushing removal tool. I've called my local ford dealer and he said if I got the Ford tool number he could look it up and if he has it he'll let me use it. Does anyone know the tool number? I'd appreciate any help. Thank you.  

waynep71222
User
Posted: 10/30/12 07:21 PM

i have not been able to figure out the ford tool number...  but perhaps this will help..
there are 2 sizes.. a conventional size with the -A suffix  and a larger bushing version with a -B suffix...

T5 Bushing Tool 1

This tool is a JT-0160A, "Universal transmission extension housing bushing tool". These kinds of tools are also called an "output shaft bushing tool". The silver and gold pieces on the right are for other transmissions, the black one on the tool itself is for the AODE and the T5.

T5 Bushing Tool 2

Transmission Tools > Ford Tools > T-0160-A -Univ- Exten Housing Bushing Remover-Installer -Output Shaft Holding Fixture
Trans-Tool #2200

T-0160-A -Univ- Exten Housing Bushing Remover-Installer -Output Shaft Holding Fixture
Univ- Exten Housing Bushing Remover-Installer -Output Shaft Holding Fixture
Price: $145.00

A to Z GM Extension Housing Bushing Remover-Installer and Output Shaft Support Fixture. 250, 250C, 350, 350C, 700-R4, 4L60, 4L60-E, PowerGlide, FORD C4, C5, AOD, AOD-E, AOD-EW, 4R70W.

http://atec-trans-tool.com/t-0160-a-univ-extenhousingbushingremover-installer-outputshaftholdingfixture.aspx  

waynep71222
User
Posted: 10/30/12 07:25 PM

the link at the bottom above takes you to the transtool web site.. the tools can be ordered at almost any local automatic transmission parts supplier...     transmission parts suppliers are usually NOT transmission shops.. they sell to transmission shops...

PS.. thats one of the TOOLS i have wanted for a LONG time.. i find on things other than T5 transmissions .. its just easier to pull the cross member and drop the tail housing to press in the new bushing..

my ranchero needs a new tail shaft bushing as we speak...

i have poured gallons of ATF through it... on my ranchero.. to get the cross member out.. you have to drop the exhaust system all the way to the back of the manifolds... then there is no room to work..

i think that now i have a fresh gas tank to go in it.. i will drive it to a friends transmission shop and have him use his tool to swap the bushing by just dropping the driveshaft.. as i bet he has that tool...