• Back Issues
  • Personalized Cover
  • Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

input and suggestions wanted

ranger6t8
New User
Posted: 11/01/12 08:02 AM

If this is a double post...i  apologize.  Im a newbe hete, Not a current stang owner but love em and miss the one's I've owned. I bought a 68 f100 ranger last year, originally a 390, 2v, 3 on the tree.its a lroject, been driving it around locally and recently decided to convert to a 302 5speed set up. I found an awesome deal in a 302 from a 91 third, stock bore, pistons and rods,  new double chain timing set up, gt 40 heads with bew valve seals, new lifters, push rods and 1.6 roller rockers, shorty headers, torker II intake, holley 650, aluminum pulleys, new wrist pins, ford racing e303 cam and mallory unilite diatributor. Im curious if anyone else has this set up or similar, does it sound good, run good, any suggestions veforeei install it,  

waynep71222
User
Posted: 11/02/12 07:22 AM

ford pickups a few years newer had 302s as an optional motor..  so brackets and motor mounts are there to fit...

one issue... how are you going to work the T5 shifter lever???  its more than likely going to come up fairly close to the front of the seat...  

you should be able to install a hydraulic clutch master cylinder somehow...   you will have to verify that you have the proper stroke from the clutch pedal so you have the proper amount to operate the clutch slave cylinder since the clutch linkage passes vertically through the floor pan next to the brake pedal..   you might be able to build a REINFORCEMENT plate for both sides to spread the load and mount a clutch master there..   there are several versions that mount to an angled surface..

there are about a dozen truck magazines on this site..  that might have articles that will help you..   click on my user name for a few links..  

waynep71222
User
Posted: 11/02/12 07:31 AM

have a look through a few decades of F100 truck articles...

i did not sort by year...

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/sch/02/f100/articles/?searchSource=SourceInterlinkMedia

there are issues with the GT40 heads.. as i think there are limited headers available...