• Back Issues
  • Personalized Cover
  • Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

88 LINCOLN MARK VII L.S.C/MUSTANG INTERCHANGE

shawnm1978
New User
Posted: 03/05/13 02:49 PM

My name is SHAWN. I've been a Mustang nut for the longest time! Well I just got my hands on a 88 Lincoln Mark VII. I'm in the process of making it into a Badass Street/Strip car. I'm looking for some info on if I can use a roll cage that is made for a Mustang. I also plan on putting on frame ties and an aftermarket K-member. I know the Lincoln is about an inch wider than the Mustang and that they are on the same Fox platform. I almost have all the interior out and getting it prepped for a 10 point weld in cage! Any info would be great. This is my first Lincoln Mark VII,but I know they are Badass. Thanks for your time and to everyone out there that are blowing the doors off of Ricers & Bowties keep racing!!!!  

waynep71222
User
Posted: 03/05/13 10:16 PM

this is going to be a BAD LSC...  (lincoln sport coupe)    

i don't have the cage info... perhaps another member will...

there are about 40 car and truck magazines on this site...  i only cover a about 20 forums..

there are 4 mustang and ford magazines .. then Hot rod.. car craft.. popular hot rodding..

over the next few days as i have a few different things going on right now.. i will look around the online archives for some LSC info..  

waynep71222
User
Posted: 03/05/13 11:49 PM

perhaps this article on some heavy weight drag racing is what got you excited...

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/features/0401mm_ford_drag_car_shootout/

there are LOTs of pictures... be sure to click thru each one..  

waynep71222
User
Posted: 03/05/13 11:57 PM

perhaps this also

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/features/0401mm_ford_drag_car_shootout/

there should be more out there..  

shawnm1978
New User
Posted: 03/06/13 06:23 PM

thank you! yeah im hopin it will be badass! my last stang was a 90 gt pushing 420 hp at the wheels and weighing in at 3000 pounds with me in the drivers seat! each time i build a car it gets better and faster!