• Back Issues
  • Personalized Cover
  • Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

Looking for loud mufflers without the drone

07boss
User
Posted: 11/17/09 07:48 PM

I currently have flowmaster's, but one is rattling pretty bad.  I am considering the loudmouth mufflers, but am curious if they have drone.  Does anyone have these?  Or does anyone have performance mufflers that doesn't have drone?  Any help would be most appreciated.  

micksgt
New User
Posted: 01/08/10 02:57 PM

I have magnaflows on my 2005 GT. I don't think they are that loud though. I had them on my 2000 GT and they sounded much louder. No drone though if that is what you are looking for  

07boss
User
Posted: 01/08/10 06:03 PM

i thought about the magnaflows, but i see the same design box as the flows, i did buy the SSS terminators(street) not long ago and they are pretty loud and raspy and only 3 bills shipped thanks for the reply  

ParisTNDude
New User
Posted: 01/08/10 07:17 PM

There is no question:  The best sounding mufflers for the Mustang (and maybe all other performance cars) is the Corsa exhaust.  I really was disappointed in the performance of my Mustang Bullitt after selling my 2002 Vette, but after putting the Corsa's on...if nothing else the Bullitt sounds faster!  Smile  

07boss
User
Posted: 01/08/10 11:10 PM

almost bought a 2004 vette conv. awesome car but wouldn't hold a big gulp. so i chose my 07 gt. i did listen to the corsa via you tube, and they do sound great, but didn't want to spend more that $350. i was sleeping when an ebay auction ended on a set of ford stingers that went for $270. so i went the SSS route. neighbors don't care too much, but they sound great.  

dragrace4fun
New User
Posted: 12/01/10 02:24 PM

Dynomax VT (Valve Technology?) mufflers...they have a little valve inside them that quiets it down when not under throttle and say no drone. That's my next choice when I do my custom routing after longtubes.  
2006 Mustang GT
"SLVR LTNG"

flexmiller
New User
Posted: 07/19/13 06:15 PM

I am new to the site and have a 2005 GT with a FRPP Power Upgrade pkg with a cold air kit/tune and mufflers # M-5230S that are from the 2008 GT500 KR model and sound fantastic ! There is no drone and sound great when I lean hard on the pedal but also sounds good during regular driving. The fit/finish is great as they are designed by Ford engineers. You can check out a sound clip on Ford Racing Parts Direct site ( not a ford site though ). FRPP # is 1-800-367-3788 and you can talk to an actual Ford engineer -hope this helps. Smile