• Back Issues
  • Personalized Cover
  • Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

ac blows 1 way

HondaKiller83
New User
Posted: 04/12/13 09:34 AM

Hey guys i have an 83 mustang with a 90s dash & my problem is when the ac is on it only comes out from the defogger before i start taking the dash apart does anyone know what it can be before i jump in blind.Is there a vent hose that can be missing?
Thanks  

waynep712222
User
Posted: 04/12/13 09:41 AM

verify the vacuum hoses that supply the ac control system..

i had an 83 tbird.. same effect..  

the tiny rigid vacuum hoses had minute cracks that were just enough to prevent the vacuum from building up enough to control the actuators..

the vacuum hose starts under the hood .  passes thru the fire wall... kinda above and behind the glove box.. so you will have to take the glove box liner out to get your hand up in there..

you are going to want to pick up a hand vacuum pump like comes with vacuum brake bleeder kits..  so you can test the system components.

rigid vacuum lines are available at most parts stores..  as are some of the elbows and adaptor fittings needed..

its usually the line from the engine or vacuum distribution block on the firewall next to the master... that feeds thru the firewall that goes bad first.. . and is also the hardest to change..  

waynep712222
User
Posted: 04/12/13 10:05 AM

this might help...

105023D1279484816 1993 Mustang Gt Convertible C Help Mustang Ac Heat Vacuum Controls