• Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

I WANT TO MAKE MY 2006 V6 NITRO BLASTER EVEN FASTER YET!

mustangbob1959
New User
Posted: 12/09/13 01:51 PM

Hey there I BOUGHT A 2006 V6 MUSTANG THAT I HAVE MODIFIED A GREAT DEAL, SO FAR I'VE ADDED A K&N CAI FLOW-MASTER SERIES 40 DUAL EXHAUST, TUNED THE COMPUTER WITH A DIABLO SPORTS PREDATOR TUNER, THROTTLE MANIFOLD SPACER, A NOS SNIPPER NITROUS OXIDE SYSTEM, 4 GOODYEAR EAGLE 17 IN W-RATED TIRES & VELOCITY CHROME RIMS, & I'M CONSIDERING SWAPPING THE 3.31 GEARS FOR 3.73 GEARS FOR FASTER TOP END PERFORMANCE & BETTER GAS MILEAGE, ANY INPUT ON SWAPPING THE GEARS WOULD BE HELPFUL OR ANY OTHER SUGESTIONS ARE WELCOME? THANKS AHEAD OF TIME.  

dond1965
New User
Posted: 12/24/13 10:39 PM

3.73 gears will lower your top speed, but improve acceleration. they will also use more fuel on the high way, but less fuel in stop and go. what trans do you have? have you considered different camshafts? if you want better acceleration, i have an unconventional idea for you... use a gear vendors UNDER DRIVE!! you can keep the 3.31 gear set. use the under drive around town or for accelerating, and shift it into direct out on the high way for good fuel mileage. with the unit in under drive your 3.31 gear set will be the equivalent to a 4.24 gear set, that will get ya movin sonny!! remember this, IF you keep your foot out of it , with the unit in under drive you can get better in town fuel mileage. you will get the same fuel mileage on the high way you get now with it in direct. p.s. racer-x, if you use the 3.73 gears and under drive its the same as using a 4.77 ring and pinion set, RUM RUM!! Shocked