• Back Issues
  • Personalized Cover
  • Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

Engine swap Cyote engine in a 1989 fox body

fordgruru52
New User
Posted: 06/09/13 03:13 PM

I'm putting a cyote engine in my fox body.  Are there any front syspention mods avilable that would allow me to get rid of the strut towers in the engine bay to make more room for that engine  

waynep712222
User
Posted: 06/10/13 06:03 AM

the cross member does BOLT on to these models..

there is nothing preventing you from creating something with upper control arms.. that bolts on replacing the entire front crossmember..  or even installing a spacer plate between the top of the removable cross member and the frame rails to allow a upper control arm to be installed.

i know there are tubular cross members available..  one would still need to figure out how to install a shock in there..

there might be something that is already available.

there are a LOT of aftermarket front suspension suppliers...

i seem to recall an article about 10 or 14 years ago.. about installing upper control arm cobra suspension in an earlier chassis.  but its been too long and if i still have that magazine.. it would be buried deep in storage..  and i have almost 30 years of various car magazines stashed away in boxes and i lost some unknown number last year when i lost my storage locker..

i don't recall what year mustang had upper control arms as an option.. but i recall the article..

it would have been newer than a 90 mustang..

perhaps i am TOTALLY CRAZY on this issue..  i recall it was a special production mustang..  

waynep712222
User
Posted: 06/10/13 06:30 AM

hmm....

Griggs Racing S197 Ford Mustang GR40 Suspension System

perhaps i am not crazy.. this is from griggs racing.. but this version is on an S197 mustang..

hmm..

this might let you take a laser to mark and to cut an angle out of the upper shock towers..

just an idea..